Vietnam’s Trade Liberalisation: Potential Impacts on Child Well-being
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heady, Christopher, 2003. "The Effect of Child Labor on Learning Achievement," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 385-398, February.
- Edmonds, Eric V. & Pavcnik, Nina, 2006.
"International trade and child labor: Cross-country evidence,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 115-140, January.
- Edmonds, Eric V & Pavcnik, Nina, 2004. "International Trade and Child Labour: Cross-Country Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 4309, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eric Edmonds & Nina Pavcnik, 2004. "International Trade and Child Labor: Cross-Country Evidence," NBER Working Papers 10317, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fabio Veras Soares & Sergei Suarez Dillon Soares & Marcelo Medeiros & Rafael Guerreiro Osorio, "undated". "Cash Transfer Programmes in Brazil: Impacts on Inequality and Poverty," Working Papers 21, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Owen O'Donnell & Furio C. Rosati & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2005.
"Health effects of child work: Evidence from rural Vietnam,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(3), pages 437-467, September.
- Owen A O'Donnell & Furio C. Rosati & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2004. "Health Effects of Child Work: Evidence from Rural Vietnam," CEIS Research Paper 53, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Neumayer, Eric & de Soysa, Indra, 2005.
"Trade Openness, Foreign Direct Investment and Child Labor,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 43-63, January.
- Eric Neumayer & Indra de Soysa, 2003. "Trade Openness, Foreign Direct Investment and Child Labor," International Trade 0312001, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 May 2004.
- L. ALAN WINTERS & NEIL McCULLOCH & ANDREW McKAY, 2015.
"Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Non-Tariff Barriers, Regionalism and Poverty Essays in Applied International Trade Analysis, chapter 14, pages 271-314,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- L. Alan Winters & Neil McCulloch & Andrew McKay, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 72-115, March.
- Jafarey, Saqib & Lahiri, Sajal, 2002.
"Will trade sanctions reduce child labour?: The role of credit markets,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 137-156, June.
- Jafarey, Saqib & Lahiri, Sajal, 1999. "Will trade sanctions reduce child labour? The role of credit markets," Economics Discussion Papers 10004, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Seshan, Ganesh, 2005. "The impact of trade liberalization on household welfare in vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3541, The World Bank.
- Glewwe, Paul & Stefanie Koch, 2003. "The Impact of Income Growth and Provision of Health-Care Services on Child Nutrition in Vietnam," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 88, Royal Economic Society.
- Hanushek, E.A. & Lavy, V., 1993. "Dropping Out of school: Further Evidence on the Role of School Quality in Developing Countries," RCER Working Papers 345, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Henning Tarp Jensen & Finn Tarp, 2005.
"Trade Liberalization and Spatial Inequality: a Methodological Innovation in a Vietnamese Perspective,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 69-86, February.
- Tarp Jensen, Henning & Tarp, Finn, 2003. "Trade Liberalisation and Spatial Inequality: Methodological Innovations in Vietnamese Perspective," MPRA Paper 63630, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henning Tarp Jensen & Finn Tarp, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Spatial Inequality: A Methodological Innovation in Vietnamese Perspective," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2004-35, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Patricia Justino & Julie Litchfield, 2003. "Poverty Dynamics in Rural Vietnam: Winners and Losers During Reform," PRUS Working Papers 10, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Furio Camillo Rosati & Zafiris Tzannatos, 2006. "Child Labour In Vietnam," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 1-31, February.
- Winters, L. Alan, 2000. "Trade, Trade Policy and Poverty: What Are The Links?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2382, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edmonds, Eric & Turk, Carrie, 2002. "Child labor in transition in Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2774, The World Bank.
- G. Regmi & C. Tisdell, 2002. "Remitting Behaviour of Nepalese Rural-to-Urban Migrants: Implications for Theory and Policy," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 76-94.
- Leibowitz, Arleen, 1974. "Home Investments in Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages 111-131, Part II, .
- L. Alan Winters, 2000. "Trade Liberalisation and Poverty," PRUS Working Papers 07, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
More about this item
KeywordsChildwelfare; Vietnam; WTO; Education; Child Labour; Young Lives;
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2007-03-17 (Development)
- NEP-INT-2007-03-17 (International Trade)
- NEP-TRA-2007-03-17 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.