Who benefited from trade liberalization in Mexico? Measuring the effects on household welfare
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elena Ianchovichina & Alessandro Nicita & Isidro Soloaga, 2002.
"Trade Reform and Poverty: The Case of Mexico,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(7), pages 945-972, July.
- Ianchovichina, Elena & Nicita, Alessandro & Soloaga, Isidro, 2001. "Trade reform and household welfare : the case of Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2667, The World Bank.
- Feenstra, Robert C., 1989.
"Symmetric pass-through of tariffs and exchange rates under imperfect competition: An empirical test,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 25-45, August.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1987. "Symmetric Pass-Through of Tariffs and Exchange Rates Under Imperfect Competition: An Empirical Test," NBER Working Papers 2453, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Koujianou Goldberg, Pinelopi & Pavcnik, Nina, 2003.
"The response of the informal sector to trade liberalization,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 463-496, December.
- Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Nina Pavcnik, 2003. "The Response of the Informal Sector to Trade Liberalization," NBER Working Papers 9443, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou & Pavcnik, Nina, 2003. "The Response of the Informal Sector to Trade Liberalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 3874, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Porto, Guido G., 2003. "Trade reforms, market access, and poverty in Argentina," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3135, The World Bank.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, "undated".
"Productivity Measurement And The Impact Of Trade And Technology On Wages: Estimates For The U.S., 1972-1990,"
Department of Economics
97-17, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Robert Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 2003. "Productivity Measurement And The Impact Of Trade And Technology On Wages: Estimates For The U.S., 1972-1990," Working Papers 9717, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1997. "Productivity Measurement and the Impact of Trade and Technology on Wages: Estimates for the U.S., 1972-1990," NBER Working Papers 6052, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Hanson, Gordon H, 1997. "Increasing Returns, Trade and the Regional Structure of Wages," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(440), pages 113-133, January.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762.
- Reimer, Jeffrey J., 2002.
"Estimating the Poverty Impacts of Trade Liberalization,"
GTAP Working Papers
1163, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Reimer, Jeffrey J., 2002. "Estimating the poverty impacts of trade liberalization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2790, The World Bank.
- Nicita, Alessandro, 2004. "Efficiency and equity of a marginal tax reform - income, quality, and price elasticities for Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3266, The World Bank.
- Edmonds, Eric V. & Pavcnik, Nina, 2005. "The effect of trade liberalization on child labor," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 401-419, March.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1996. "Wage Inequality from International Competition and Technological Change: Theory and Country Experience," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 309-314, May.
- L. Alan Winters, 2002. "Trade Liberalisation and Poverty: What are the Links?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(9), pages 1339-1367, September.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics&Policies; Labor Policies; Markets and Market Access; Economic Theory&Research; Payment Systems&Infrastructure; Markets and Market Access; Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; TF054105-DONOR FUNDED OPERATION ADMINISTRATION FEE INCOME AND EXPENSE ACCOUNT; Access to Markets;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3265. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .