Citations for "Do Microfinance Programs Help Families Insure Consumption Against Illness?"
by Gertler, Paul & Levine, David I. & Moretti, Enrico
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2009.
"Finance and Inequality: Theory and Evidence,"
Annual Review of Financial Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 287-318, November.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2009. "Finance and inequality : theory and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4967, The World Bank.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2009. "Finance and Inequality: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 15275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Sparrow & Ellen Van de Poel & Gracia Hadiwidjaja & Athia Yumna & Nila Warda & Asep Suryahadi, 2012. "Financial Consequences of Ill Health and Informal Coping Mechanisms in Indonesia," Departmental Working Papers 2012-07, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Weiss, John & Montgomery, Heather, 2004.
"Great expectations: microfinance and poverty reduction in Asia and Latin America,"
33142, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Weiss & Heather Montgomery, 2005. "Great Expectations: Microfinance and Poverty Reduction in Asia and Latin America," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3-4), pages 391-416.
- Czura, Kristina & Klonner, Stefan, 2010. "The Tsunami and the Chit Fund- Evidence from the Indian Ocean Tsunami Hit on Credit Demand in South India," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Hannover 2010 46, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Khan, F.U. & Arjun S. Bedi & Sparrow, R.A., 2014. "Sickness and death," ISS Working Papers - General Series 51366, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Khan, Farid & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert, 2015. "Sickness and Death: Economic Consequences and Coping Strategies of the Urban Poor in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 255-266.
- Liu, Kai, 2015. "Insuring against Health Shocks: Health Insurance and Household Choices," IZA Discussion Papers 9094, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ambrosius, Christian, 2012. "Are remittances a substitute for credit? Carrying the financial burden of health shocks in national and transnational households," Discussion Papers 2012/9, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Scott Fulford, 2010. "The effects of financial development in the short and long run," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 741, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 31 May 2011.
- Heriyaldi & Arief Anshory Yusuf, 2013. "Does Micro Finance Institution Improve Welfare? A Double Difference Analysis of Indonesian Community-level Data," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 201307, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Mar 2013.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney, 2005.
"Consumption Smoothing and the Welfare Consequences of Social Insurance in Developing Economies,"
NBER Working Papers
11709, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chetty, Raj & Looney, Adam, 2006. "Consumption smoothing and the welfare consequences of social insurance in developing economies," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(12), pages 2351-2356, December.
- David Benson & Aaron Lies & Albert Okunade & Phanindra Wunnava, 2011. "Economic impact of a private sector micro-financing scheme in South Dakota," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 157-168, February.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney, 2007.
"Income Risk and the Benefits of Social Insurance: Evidence from Indonesia and the United States,"
in: Fiscal Policy and Management in East Asia, NBER-EASE, Volume 16, pages 99-121
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney, 2005. "Income Risk and the Benefits of Social Insurance: Evidence from Indonesia and the United States," NBER Working Papers 11708, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Islam, Asadul & Maitra, Pushkar, 2012.
"Health shocks and consumption smoothing in rural households: Does microcredit have a role to play?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 232-243.
- Asadul Islam & Pushkar Maitra, 2008. "Health Shocks And Consumption Smoothing In Rural Households: Does Microcredit Have A Role To Play?," Monash Economics Working Papers 22/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Mizunoya, Suguru & Mitra, Sophie, 2013.
"Is There a Disability Gap in Employment Rates in Developing Countries?,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 28-43.
- Suguru Mizunoya & Sophie Mitra, 2012. "Is there a Disability Gap in Employment Rates in Developing Countries?," Fordham Economics Discussion Paper Series dp2012_03, Fordham University, Department of Economics.
- Bazzi, Samuel & Sumarto, Sudarno & Suryahadi, Asep, 2015. "It's all in the timing: Cash transfers and consumption smoothing in a developing country," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 267-288.
- Mukhopadhyay, Jyoti Prasad, 2014. "Does access to microfinance affect consumption inequality? :evidence from a randomized controlled trial in Andhra Pradesh, India," MPRA Paper 58674, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beegle, Kathleen & Dehejia, Rajeev H & Gatti, Roberta, 2005.
"Child Labour, Crop Shocks and Credit Constraints,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4881, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- You, Jing, 2013. "The role of microcredit in older children’s nutrition: Quasi-experimental evidence from rural China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 167-179.
- Asadul Islam & Debayan Pakrashi, 2014. "The Microcredit Puzzle: Labour Supply Behaviour of Rural Households in Bangladesh," Monash Economics Working Papers 24-14, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Hamid, Syed Abdul & Roberts, Jennifer & Mosley, Paul, 2011.
"Evaluating the Health Effects of Micro Health Insurance Placement: Evidence from Bangladesh,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 399-411, March.
- Jennifer Roberts & Paul Mosley & Syed Abdul Hammid, 2010. "Evaluating the Health Effects of Micro Health Insurance Placement: Evidence from Bangladesh," Working Papers 2010009, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2010.
- DeLoach, Stephen B. & Lamanna, Erika, 2011.
"Measuring the Impact of Microfinance on Child Health Outcomes in Indonesia,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1808-1819.
- Stephen B. DeLoach & Erika Lamanna, 2009. "Measuring the Impact of Microfinance on Child Health Outcomes in Indonesia," Working Papers 2009-02, Elon University, Department of Economics.
- Islam, Asadul, 2015. "Heterogeneous effects of microcredit: Evidence from large-scale programs in Bangladesh," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 48-58.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Giuseppina Gianfreda, 2008. "When consumption heals producers: the effect of fair trade on marginalised producers’ health and productivity," Working Papers 86, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Weiss, John & Montgomery, Heather & Kurmanalieva, Elvira, 2003. "Micro finance and poverty reduction in Asia: what is the evidence?," MPRA Paper 33140, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:frd:wpaper:dp2012-03 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Richard, 2016. "The Burden of Medical Debt Faced by Households with Dependent Children in the United States: Implications for the Affordable Care Act of 2010," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 212-225, June.
- Liu, Kai, 2016. "Insuring against health shocks: Health insurance and household choices," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 16-32.
- World Bank, 2007. "Social Protection in Pakistan : Managing Household Risks and Vulnerability," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7660, The World Bank.
- Fulford, Scott L., 2013. "The effects of financial development in the short and long run: Theory and evidence from India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 56-72.
- Ambrosius, Christian & Cuecuecha, Alfredo, 2013. "Are Remittances a Substitute for Credit? Carrying the Financial Burden of Health Shocks in National and Transnational Households," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 143-152.