The influences of social context on the measurement of distributional preferences
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Matthias Greiff & Kurt A. Ackermann & Ryan O. Murphy, 2016. "The influences of social context on the measurement of distributional preferences," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201606, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Greiff, Matthias & Ackermann, Kurt & Murphy, Ryan O., 2016. "The influences of social context on the measurement of distributional preferences," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145529, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Till Requate & Israel Waichman, 2011. "“A profit table or a profit calculator?” A note on the design of Cournot oligopoly experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 14(1), pages 36-46, March.
- Balafoutas, Loukas & Kerschbamer, Rudolf & Kocher, Martin & Sutter, Matthias, 2014.
"Revealed distributional preferences: Individuals vs. teams,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 319-330.
- Loukas Balafoutas & Rudolf Kerschbamer & Martin Kocher & Matthias Sutter, 2013. "Revealed distributional preferences: Individuals vs. teams," Working Papers 2013-17, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Balafoutas, Loukas & Kerschbamer, Rudolf & Kocher, Martin G. & Sutter, Matthias, 2013. "Revealed Distributional Preferences: Individuals vs. Teams," Discussion Papers in Economics 15728, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Ernst Fehr & Klaus M. Schmidt, 1999.
"A Theory of Fairness, Competition, and Cooperation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 817-868.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., . "A theory of fairness, competition, and cooperation," Chapters in Economics, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Ernst Fehr & Klaus M. Schmidt, "undated". "A Theory of Fairness, Competition and Cooperation," IEW - Working Papers 004, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 1999. "A theory of fairness, competition, and cooperation," Munich Reprints in Economics 20650, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 1998. "A Theory of Fairness, Competition and Cooperation," CEPR Discussion Papers 1812, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matthias Greiff, 2013. "Affective Social Ties without the Need to Belong?," Rationality, Markets and Morals, Frankfurt School Verlag, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, vol. 4(64), May.
- Paolo Crosetto & Ori Weisel & Fabian Winter, 2012. "A flexible z-Tree implementation of the Social Value Orientation Slider Measure (Murphy et al. 2011) - Manual -," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-062, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Charness, Gary & Grosskopf, Brit, 2001.
"Relative payoffs and happiness: an experimental study,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 301-328, July.
- Gary Charness & Brit Grosskopf, 1999. "Relative payoffs and happiness: An experimental study," Economics Working Papers 436, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jan 2000.
- Charness, Gary B & Grosskopf, Brit, 2000. "Relative Payoffs And Happiness: An Experimental Study," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt8389x8z2, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Brit Grosskopf, 2000. "Relative Payoffs and Happiness: An Experimental Study," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1263, Econometric Society.
- Ulrich Kamecke, 1997. "note: Rotations: Matching Schemes that Efficiently Preserve the Best Reply Structure of a One Shot Game," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 26(3), pages 409-417.
- Blanco, Mariana & Engelmann, Dirk & Normann, Hans Theo, 2011.
"A within-subject analysis of other-regarding preferences,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 321-338, June.
- Blanco, Mariana & Engelmann, Dirk & Normann, Hans-Theo, 2010. "A within-subject analysis of other-regarding preferences," DICE Discussion Papers 06, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Ferraro Paul J & Vossler Christian A, 2010. "The Source and Significance of Confusion in Public Goods Experiments," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-42, July.
- Mentzakis, Emmanouil & Mestelman, Stuart, 2013. "Hypothetical bias in value orientations ring games," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(3), pages 562-565.
- James Andreoni & John Miller, 2002. "Giving According to GARP: An Experimental Test of the Consistency of Preferences for Altruism," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(2), pages 737-753, March.
More about this item
KeywordsDistributional preferences; social preferences; other regarding preferences; Social Value Orientation (SVO); measurement methods; individual differences;
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBE-2016-05-21 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2016-05-21 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2016-05-21 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zur:econwp:224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seizhch.html .