Interbank network and bank bailouts: Insurance mechanism for non-insured creditors?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wetherilt, Anne & Zimmerman, Peter & Soramaki, Kimmo, 2010. "The sterling unsecured loan market during 2006-08: insights from network theory," Bank of England working papers 398, Bank of England.
- Gary Gorton & Lixin Huang, 2004.
"Liquidity, Efficiency, and Bank Bailouts,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 455-483, June.
- Gary Gorton & Lixin Huang, 2002. "Liquidity, Efficiency and Bank Bailouts," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-33, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gary Gorton & Lixin Huang, 2002. "Liquidity, Efficiency and Bank Bailouts," NBER Working Papers 9158, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Soramäki, Kimmo & Bech, Morten L. & Arnold, Jeffrey & Glass, Robert J. & Beyeler, Walter E., 2007. "The topology of interbank payment flows," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 379(1), pages 317-333.
- Sandro Brusco & Fabio Castiglionesi, 2007.
"Liquidity Coinsurance, Moral Hazard, and Financial Contagion,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 62(5), pages 2275-2302, October.
- Sandro Brusco & Fabio Castiglionesi, 2005. "Liquidity Coinsurance, Moral Hazard and Financial Contagion," Department of Economics Working Papers 05-12, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Xavier Freixas, 2005.
"Interbank Market Integration under Asymmetric Information,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(2), pages 459-490.
- Xavier Freixas & Cornelia Holthausen, 2001. "Interbank market integration under asymmetric information," Economics Working Papers 579, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Freixas, X. & Holthausen, C., 2001. "Interbank Market Integration under Asymmetric Information," Papers 74, Quebec a Montreal - Recherche en gestion.
- Freixas, Xavier & Holthausen, Cornelia, 2001. "Interbank market integration under asymmetric information," Working Paper Series 0074, European Central Bank.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2002. "Bank Bailouts and Aggregate Liquidity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 38-41, May.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 1996. "Interbank Lending and Systemic Risk," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 733-762, November.
- Jeannette Müller, 2006. "Interbank Credit Lines as a Channel of Contagion," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 29(1), pages 37-60, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roukny, Tarik & Georg, Co-Pierre & Battiston, Stefano, 2014.
"A network analysis of the evolution of the German interbank market,"
22/2014, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Tarik Roukny, Co-Pierre Georg and Stefano Battiston, 2014. "A Network Analysis of the Evolution of the German Interbank Market," Working Papers 461, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Barattieri, Alessandro & Moretti, Laura & Quadrini, Vincenzo, 2016.
"Banks Interconnectivity and Leverage,"
Research Technical Papers
07/RT/16, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Vincenzo Quadrini & Laura Moretti & Alessandro Barattieri, 2017. "Banks Interconnectivity and Leverage," 2017 Meeting Papers 504, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Barattieri, Alessandro & Moretti, Laura & Quadrini, Vincenzo, 2016. "Banks Interconnectivity and Leverage," CEPR Discussion Papers 11502, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marius A. Zoican & Lucyna A. Górnicka, 2013. "Banking Unions: Distorted Incentives and Efficient Bank Resolution," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-184/VI, Tinbergen Institute, revised 16 May 2014.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:11:y:2014:i:4:p:19105947 is not listed on IDEAS
- Górnicka, Lucyna A. & Zoican, Marius A., 2016.
"Too-international-to-fail? Supranational bank resolution and market discipline,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 41-58.
- Lucyna Anna Gornicka & Marius Andrei Zoican, 2016. "Too-International-to-Fail? Supranational Bank Resolution and Market Discipline," Post-Print hal-01253632, HAL.
- Marius Andrei Zoican & Lucyna Anna Gornicka, 2014. "Banking Union Optimal Design under Moral Hazard," 2014 Papers pzo33, Job Market Papers.
- Florian Buck, 2014. "Financial Regulation and the Grabbing Hand," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 11(4), pages 03-13, 01.
More about this item
Keywordsbailout; cycle flows; cyclical liabilities; interbank network; leverage;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-01-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2014-01-17 (Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2014-01-17 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-IAS-2014-01-17 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:safewp:10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csafede.html .