Financial Regulation and the Grabbing Hand
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 11 (2014)
Issue (Month): 4 (01)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Poschingerstr. 5, 81679 München|
Web page: http://www.cesifo-group.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Webb, Steven B., 1982. "Agricultural Protection in Wilhelminian Germany: Forging an Empire with Pork and Rye," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(02), pages 309-326, June.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Rodney Ramcharan, 2011.
"Land and Credit: A Study of the Political Economy of Banking in the United States in the Early 20th Century,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 66(6), pages 1895-1931, December.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Rodney Ramcharan, 2009. "Land and Credit: A Study of the Political Economy of Banking in the United States in the Early 20th Century," NBER Working Papers 15083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard J. Herring, 2011. "The Capital Conundrum," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 7(4), pages 171-187, December.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1982.
"Kinked utility and the demand for human wealth and liability insurance,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 149-162.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1982. "Kinked utility and the demand for human wealth and liability insurance," Munich Reprints in Economics 19909, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "The prudential regulation of banks," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9539, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1988.
"The Politics of Government Decision-Making: A Theory of Regulatory Capture,"
506, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1991. "The Politics of Government Decision-Making: A Theory of Regulatory Capture," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1089-1127.
- Jean-Jacques LAFFONT & Jean TIROLE, 1990. "The Politics of Government Decision-Making : a Theory of Regulatory Capture," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9004, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Laeven, Luc, 2004.
"The political economy of deposit insurance,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3247, The World Bank.
- Carr, Jack L & Mathewson, G Frank, 1988. "Unlimited Liability as a Barrier to Entry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 766-84, August.
- Martin Hellwig, 2010.
"Capital Regulation after the Crisis: Business as Usual?,"
CESifo DICE Report,
Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 8(2), pages 40-46, 07.
- Martin Hellwig, 2010. "Capital Regulation after the Crisis: Business as Usual?," Working Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2010_31, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Yaron Leitner, 2005. "Financial Networks: Contagion, Commitment, and Private Sector Bailouts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(6), pages 2925-2953, December.
- Barth,James R. & Caprio,Gerard & Levine,Ross, 2008.
"Rethinking Bank Regulation,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521709309, December.
- Enrico C. Perotti & Ernst-Ludwig von Thadden, 2006. "The Political Economy of Corporate Control and Labor Rents," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(1), pages 145-174, February.
- Dyck, Alexander & Moss, David & Zingales, Luigi, 2008.
"Media versus Special Interests,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6994, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Calomiris, Charles W & Kahn, Charles M, 1991. "The Role of Demandable Debt in Structuring Optimal Banking Arrangements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 497-513, June.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000.
"Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Blau, Benjamin M. & Brough, Tyler J. & Thomas, Diana W., 2013. "Corporate lobbying, political connections, and the bailout of banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3007-3017.
- Eisert, Tim & Eufinger, Christian, 2013. "Interbank network and bank bailouts: Insurance mechanism for non-insured creditors?," SAFE Working Paper Series 10, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Efraim Benmelech & Tobias J. Moskowitz, 2007.
"The Political Economy of Financial Regulation: Evidence from U.S. State Usury Laws in the 19th Century,"
NBER Working Papers
12851, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Efraim Benmelech & Tobias J. Moskowitz, 2010. "The Political Economy of Financial Regulation: Evidence from U.S. State Usury Laws in the 19th Century," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(3), pages 1029-1073, 06.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1963. "A Monetary History of the United States, 1867–1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie63-1, 08.
- Stephen Nunez, 2004. "Bankruptcy "Reform" in Congress: Creditors, Committees, Ideology, and Floor Voting in the Legislative Process," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 527-557, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ifodic:v:11:y:2014:i:4:p:03-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.