Workplace Positive Actions, Trans People’s Self-Esteem and Human Resources’ Evaluations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Vasiliki Bozani & Nick Drydakis & Katerina Sidiropoulou & Benjamin Harvey & Anna Paraskevopoulou, 2019. "Workplace positive actions, trans people’s self-esteem and human resources’ evaluations," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 41(6), pages 809-831, November.
- Bozani, Vasiliki & Drydakis, Nick & Sidiropoulou, Katerina & Harvey, Benjamin & Paraskevopoulou, Anna, 2019. "Workplace Positive Actions, Trans People's Self-Esteem and Human Resources' Evaluations," IZA Discussion Papers 12732, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Harry J. Holzer & David Neumark, 2000.
"What Does Affirmative Action Do?,"
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 53(2), pages 240-271, January.
- H. J. Holzer & D. Neumark, "undated". "What Does Affirmative Action Do?," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1169-98, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Harry J. Holzer & David Neumark, 1998. "What Does Affirmative Action Do?," NBER Working Papers 6605, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Drydakis, Nick & MacDonald, Peter & Bozani, Vasiliki & Chiotis, Vangelis, 2017.
"Inclusive recruitment? Hiring discrimination against older workers,"
GLO Discussion Paper Series
103, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Drydakis, Nick & MacDonald, Peter & Bozani, Vasiliki & Chiotis, Vangelis, 2017. "Inclusive Recruitment? Hiring Discrimination against Older Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 10957, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Nick Drydakis, 2017. "Trans people, well-being, and labor market outcomes," IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 386-386, September.
- Lyle, Monique L., 2015. "Effects of Anti-Black Political Messages on Self-Esteem," Journal of Experimental Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 73-80, April.
- Gee, G.C., 2002. "A multilevel analysis of the relationship between institutional and individual racial discrimination and health status," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 92(4), pages 615-623.
- Roxana Barbulescu & Matthew Bidwell, 2013. "Do Women Choose Different Jobs from Men? Mechanisms of Application Segregation in the Market for Managerial Workers," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 737-756, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Drydakis, Nick, 2019.
"Trans People, Transitioning, Mental Health, Life and Job Satisfaction,"
GLO Discussion Paper Series
414, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Drydakis, Nick, 2019. "Trans People, Transitioning, Mental Health, Life and Job Satisfaction," IZA Discussion Papers 12695, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Liat Ayalon, 2018. "Perceived Age Discrimination: A Precipitator or a Consequence of Depressive Symptoms?," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 73(5), pages 860-869.
- Maarten Vendrik & Christiane Schwieren, 2010.
"Identification, screening and stereotyping in labour market discrimination,"
Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 99(2), pages 141-171, March.
- Vendrik, M.C.M. & Schwieren, C.A.A., 2005. "Identification, screening and stereotyping in labor market discrimination," Research Memorandum 014, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Vendrik, Maarten C.M. & Schwieren, Christiane, 2009. "Identification, Screening and Stereotyping in Labour Market Discrimination," IZA Discussion Papers 4571, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Antoine Rebérioux & Gwenaël Roudaut, 2016.
"Gender Quota inside the Boardroom: Female Directors as New Key Players?,"
- Rebérioux, Antoine & Roudaut, Gwenael, 2016. "Gender Quota inside the Boardroom: Female Directors as New Key Players?," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1603, CEPREMAP.
- Cheney, Ann M. & Newkirk, Christine & Rodriguez, Katheryn & Montez, Anselmo, 2018. "Inequality and health among foreign-born latinos in rural borderland communities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 215(C), pages 115-122.
- Burbano, Vanessa & Padilla, Nicolas & Meier, Stephan, 2020. "Gender Differences in Preferences for Meaning at Work," IZA Discussion Papers 13053, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Drydakis, Nick & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2020. "Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Labour Market Outcomes: New Patterns and Insights," GLO Discussion Paper Series 627, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Locke, Dexter & Hall, Billy & Grove, J Morgan & Pickett, Steward T.A. & Ogden, Laura A. & Aoki, Carissa & Boone, Christopher G. & O’Neil-Dunne, Jarlath PM, 2020. "Residential housing segregation and urban tree canopy in 37 US Cities," SocArXiv 97zcs, Center for Open Science.
- David Neumark, 2018.
"Experimental Research on Labor Market Discrimination,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 56(3), pages 799-866, September.
- David Neumark, 2016. "Experimental Research on Labor Market Discrimination," NBER Working Papers 22022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maggian, Valeria & Montinari, Natalia & Nicolò, Antonio, 2020.
"Do quotas help women to climb the career ladder? A laboratory experiment,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 123(C).
- Valeria Maggian & Natalia Montinari & Antonio Nicolò, 2017. "Do quotas help women to climb the career ladder? A laboratory experiment," Working Papers 1724, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Valeria Maggian & Natalia Montinari & Antonio Nicolò, 2017. "Do quotas help women to climb the career ladder? A laboratory experiment," Working Papers halshs-01590379, HAL.
- Adina D. Sterling & Roberto M. Fernandez, 2018. "Once in the Door: Gender, Tryouts, and the Initial Salaries of Managers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 64(11), pages 5444-5460, November.
- World Bank, 2017. "Republic of Armenia Leveling the STEM Playing Field for Women," World Bank Other Operational Studies 26766, The World Bank.
- Eddy Ng & Willi Wiesner, 2007. "Are Men Always Picked Over Women? The Effects of Employment Equity Directives on Selection Decisions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 76(2), pages 177-187, December.
- Major G. Coleman, 2003. "Job Skill and Black Male Wage Discrimination," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 84(4), pages 892-906, December.
- Ashwini Deshpande & Rajesh Ramachandran, 2016.
"The Changing Contours of Intergroup Disparities and the Role of Preferential Policies in a Globalizing World- Evidence from India,"
267, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Ashwini Deshpande & Rajesh Ramachandran, 2016. "The Changing Contours of Inter group Disparities and the Role of Preferential Policies in a Globalizing World: Evidence from India," Working Papers id:11519, eSocialSciences.
- Jie Huang & Marjo-Riitta Diehl & Sandra Paterlini, 2020. "The Influence of Corporate Elites on Women on Supervisory Boards: Female Directors’ Inclusion in Germany," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 165(2), pages 347-364, August.
- Yang, Tse-Chuan & Chen, I-Chien & Choi, Seung-won & Kurtulus, Aysenur, 2019. "Linking perceived discrimination during adolescence to health during mid-adulthood: Self-esteem and risk-behavior mechanisms," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 232(C), pages 434-443.
- Shamsul N. Abdullah & Ku Nor Izah Ku Ismail & Lilac Nachum, 2016. "Does having women on boards create value? The impact of societal perceptions and corporate governance in emerging markets," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 466-476, March.
- Isabel Fernandez-Mateo & Sarah Kaplan, 2018. "Gender and Organization Science: Introduction to a Virtual Special Issue," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(6), pages 1229-1236, December.
- Chauhan, Yogesh & Dey, Dipanjan Kumar, 2017. "Do female directors really add value in Indian firms?," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 42, pages 24-36.
- Eddy Ng & Greg Sears, 2012. "CEO Leadership Styles and the Implementation of Organizational Diversity Practices: Moderating Effects of Social Values and Age," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(1), pages 41-52, January.
More about this item
KeywordsWorkplace Guide; Positive Actions; Self-Esteem; Gender Identity;
All these keywords.
- K31 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Labor Law
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:417. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/glaboea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.