Workplace Positive Actions, Trans People’s Self-Esteem and Human Resources’ Evaluations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Vasiliki Bozani & Nick Drydakis & Katerina Sidiropoulou & Benjamin Harvey & Anna Paraskevopoulou, 2019. "Workplace positive actions, trans people’s self-esteem and human resources’ evaluations," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, vol. 41(6), pages 809-831, November.
- Bozani, Vasiliki & Drydakis, Nick & Sidiropoulou, Katerina & Harvey, Benjamin & Paraskevopoulou, Anna, 2019. "Workplace Positive Actions, Trans People's Self-Esteem and Human Resources' Evaluations," IZA Discussion Papers 12732, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Harry J. Holzer & David Neumark, 2000.
"What Does Affirmative Action Do?,"
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 53(2), pages 240-271, January.
- H. J. Holzer & D. Neumark, "undated". "What Does Affirmative Action Do?," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1169-98, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Harry J. Holzer & David Neumark, 1998. "What Does Affirmative Action Do?," NBER Working Papers 6605, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nick Drydakis, 2017. "Trans people, well-being, and labor market outcomes," IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 386-386, September.
- Lyle, Monique L., 2015. "Effects of Anti-Black Political Messages on Self-Esteem," Journal of Experimental Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 73-80, April.
- Gee, G.C., 2002. "A multilevel analysis of the relationship between institutional and individual racial discrimination and health status," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 92(4), pages 615-623.
- Drydakis, Nick & MacDonald, Peter & Bozani, Vasiliki & Chiotis, Vangelis, 2017.
"Inclusive Recruitment? Hiring Discrimination against Older Workers,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10957, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Drydakis, Nick & MacDonald, Peter & Bozani, Vasiliki & Chiotis, Vangelis, 2017. "Inclusive recruitment? Hiring discrimination against older workers," GLO Discussion Paper Series 103, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Maykel Werkuyten & Shervin Nekuee, 1999. "Subjective Well-Being, Discrimination and Cultural Conflict: Iranians Living in The Netherlands," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 281-306, July.
- Roxana Barbulescu & Matthew Bidwell, 2013. "Do Women Choose Different Jobs from Men? Mechanisms of Application Segregation in the Market for Managerial Workers," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 737-756, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Drydakis, Nick, 2019.
"Trans People, Transitioning, Mental Health, Life and Job Satisfaction,"
GLO Discussion Paper Series
414, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Drydakis, Nick, 2019. "Trans People, Transitioning, Mental Health, Life and Job Satisfaction," IZA Discussion Papers 12695, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Mourelatos, Evangelos & Krimpas, George & Giotopoulos, Konstantinos, 2022. "Sexual identity and Gender Gap in Leadership. A political intention experiment," GLO Discussion Paper Series 1187, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Litsardopoulos Nicholas & Saridakis George & Clark Andrew E., 2023. "Variants of Gender Bias and Sexual-Orientation Discrimination in Career Development," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 23(4), pages 1175-1185, October.
- Liat Ayalon, 2018. "Perceived Age Discrimination: A Precipitator or a Consequence of Depressive Symptoms?," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 73(5), pages 860-869.
- Baltrunaite, Audinga & Bello, Piera & Casarico, Alessandra & Profeta, Paola, 2014.
"Gender quotas and the quality of politicians,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 62-74.
- Audinga Baltrunaite & Piera Bello & Alessandra Casarico & Paola Profeta, 2012. "Gender Quotas and the Quality of Politicians," CESifo Working Paper Series 3734, CESifo.
- Audinga Baltrunaite & Piera Bello & Alessandra Casarico & Paola Profeta, 2013. "Gender quotas and the quality of politicians," Working Papers 2013-11, FEDEA.
- Johnston, David W. & Lordan, Grace, 2012.
"Discrimination makes me sick! An examination of the discrimination–health relationship,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 99-111.
- Grace Lordan & David Johnston, 2011. "Discrimination makes me Sick! Establishing a relationship between discrimination and health," Discussion Papers Series 421, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Irena Kogan & Jing Shen & Manuel Siegert, 2018. "What Makes a Satisfied Immigrant? Host-Country Characteristics and Immigrants’ Life Satisfaction in Eighteen European Countries," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 19(6), pages 1783-1809, August.
- McNeill, Lorna Haughton & Kreuter, Matthew W. & Subramanian, S.V., 2006. "Social Environment and Physical activity: A review of concepts and evidence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 1011-1022, August.
- Michael A. Stoll & Steven Raphael & Harry J. Holzer, 2004. "Black Job Applicants and the Hiring Officer's Race," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 57(2), pages 267-287, January.
- Correa-Velez, Ignacio & Gifford, Sandra M. & Barnett, Adrian G., 2010. "Longing to belong: Social inclusion and wellbeing among youth with refugee backgrounds in the first three years in Melbourne, Australia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(8), pages 1399-1408, October.
- Maarten Vendrik & Christiane Schwieren, 2010.
"Identification, screening and stereotyping in labour market discrimination,"
Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 99(2), pages 141-171, March.
- Vendrik, M.C.M. & Schwieren, C.A.A., 2005. "Identification, screening and stereotyping in labor market discrimination," Research Memorandum 014, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Vendrik, Maarten C.M. & Schwieren, Christiane, 2009. "Identification, Screening and Stereotyping in Labour Market Discrimination," IZA Discussion Papers 4571, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Antoine Rebérioux & Gwenaël Roudaut, 2016.
"Gender Quota inside the Boardroom: Female Directors as New Key Players?,"
- Rebérioux, Antoine & Roudaut, Gwenael, 2016. "Gender Quota inside the Boardroom: Female Directors as New Key Players?," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1603, CEPREMAP.
- Cheney, Ann M. & Newkirk, Christine & Rodriguez, Katheryn & Montez, Anselmo, 2018. "Inequality and health among foreign-born latinos in rural borderland communities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 215(C), pages 115-122.
- José-Ignacio Antón & Rafael Grande & Rafael Muñoz de Bustillo & Fernando Pinto, 2023. "Gender Gaps in Working Conditions," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 166(1), pages 53-83, February.
- Burbano, Vanessa & Padilla, Nicolas & Meier, Stephan, 2020. "Gender Differences in Preferences for Meaning at Work," IZA Discussion Papers 13053, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Mieko Yoshihama & Jun Sung Hong & Yueqi Yan, 2022. "Everyday Discrimination and Depressive Symptoms among Gujarati Adults: Gender Difference in the Role of Social Support," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 19(14), pages 1-13, July.
- Matt Vassar, 2008. "A note on the score reliability for the Satisfaction With Life Scale: an RG study," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 86(1), pages 47-57, March.
- Forrester, Juanita Kimiyo & Neville, François, 2021. "An institutional perspective on borrowing discouragement among female-owned enterprises and the role of regional female empowerment," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 36(6).
- Drydakis, Nick & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2020. "Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Labour Market Outcomes: New Patterns and Insights," GLO Discussion Paper Series 627, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Locke, Dexter & Hall, Billy & Grove, J Morgan & Pickett, Steward T.A. & Ogden, Laura A. & Aoki, Carissa & Boone, Christopher G. & O’Neil-Dunne, Jarlath PM, 2020. "Residential housing segregation and urban tree canopy in 37 US Cities," SocArXiv 97zcs, Center for Open Science.
- David Neumark, 2016. "Experimental Research on Labor Market Discrimination," NBER Working Papers 22022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Min-Ah & Ferraro, Kenneth F., 2009. "Perceived discrimination and health among Puerto Rican and Mexican Americans: Buffering effect of the Lazo matrimonial?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(11), pages 1966-1974, June.
More about this item
KeywordsWorkplace Guide; Positive Actions; Self-Esteem; Gender Identity;
All these keywords.
- K31 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Labor Law
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:417. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.