What explains the gender earnings gap in self-employment? A decomposition analysis with German data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lechmann, Daniel S. J. & Schnabel, Claus, 2012. "What Explains the Gender Earnings Gap in Self-Employment? A Decomposition Analysis with German Data," IZA Discussion Papers 6435, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Gema Álvarez & Carlos Gradín & M. Soledad Otero, 2009. "Self-employment in Spain: Transition and earnings differential," Working Papers 0907, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Kristy Eastough & Paul W. Miller, 2004.
"The Gender Wage Gap in Paid- and Self-Employment in Australia,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 257-276, September.
- Kristy Eastough & Paul W. Miller, 2003. "The Gender Wage Gap in Paid and Self-Employment in Australia," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 03-24, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Parker,Simon C., 2009. "The Economics of Entrepreneurship," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521728355, March.
- Semykina, Anastasia & Linz, Susan J., 2007. "Gender differences in personality and earnings: Evidence from Russia," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 387-410, June.
- Williams, Donald R., 2002. "Returns to education and experience in self-employment: Evidence from Germany," IRISS Working Paper Series 2002-04, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- repec:hhs:iuiwop:521 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sandra Gottschalk & Michaela Niefert, 2013.
"Gender differences in business success of German start-up firms,"
International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 18(1), pages 15-46.
- Gottschalk, Sandra & Niefert, Michaela, 2011. "Gender differences in business success of German start-up firms," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-019, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Leung, Danny, 2006. "The male/female earnings gap and female self-employment," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 759-779, October.
- Parker,Simon C., 2009. "The Economics of Entrepreneurship," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521899604, March.
- Aysit Tansel, 2001. "Wage Earners, Self Employed and Gender in the Informal Sector in Turkey," Working Papers 0102, Economic Research Forum, revised 01 Nov 2001.
More about this item
Keywordsearnings differential; entrepreneurship; gender pay gap; Germany; self-employed; self-employment;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2012-05-22 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-EUR-2012-05-22 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HRM-2012-05-22 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2012-05-22 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2012-05-22 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-LTV-2012-05-22 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:faulre:77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vierlde.html .