Can European businesses achieve productivity gains from investments in energy efficiency?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elhanan Helpman & Marc J. Melitz & Stephen R. Yeaple, 2004. "Export Versus FDI with Heterogeneous Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 300-316, March.
- Fleiter, Tobias & Hirzel, Simon & Worrell, Ernst, 2012. "The characteristics of energy-efficiency measures – a neglected dimension," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 502-513.
- Christopoulos, Dimitris K. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2004. "Financial development and economic growth: evidence from panel unit root and cointegration tests," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 55-74, February.
- Worrell, Ernst & Laitner, John A & Ruth, Michael & Finman, Hodayah, 2003. "Productivity benefits of industrial energy efficiency measures," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 1081-1098.
- Kalantzis, F. & Revoltella, D., 2019. "Do energy audits help SMEs to realize energy-efficiency opportunities?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 229-239.
- Trianni, Andrea & Cagno, Enrico & Worrell, Ernst, 2013. "Innovation and adoption of energy efficient technologies: An exploratory analysis of Italian primary metal manufacturing SMEs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 430-440.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Olsthoorn, Mark & Schleich, Joachim & Klobasa, Marian, 2015.
"Barriers to electricity load shift in companies: A survey-based exploration of the end-user perspective,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 32-42.
- Mark Olsthoorn & Joachim Schleich & Marian Klobasa D, 2015. "Barriers to electricity load shift in companies: A survey-based exploration of the end-user perspective," Post-Print hal-01104611, HAL.
- Mark Olsthoorn & Joachim Schleich & Marian Klobasa D, 2015. "Barriers to electricity load shift in companies: A survey-based exploration of the end-user perspective," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01104611, HAL.
- Olsthoorn, Mark & Schleich, Joachim & Hirzel, Simon, 2017. "Adoption of Energy Efficiency Measures for Non-residential Buildings: Technological and Organizational Heterogeneity in the Trade, Commerce and Services Sector," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 240-254.
- Kalantzis, Fotios & Revoltella, Debora, 2019. "How energy audits promote SMEs' energy efficiency investment," EIB Working Papers 2019/02, European Investment Bank (EIB).
- A S M Monjurul Hasan & Andrea Trianni, 2020. "A Review of Energy Management Assessment Models for Industrial Energy Efficiency," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(21), pages 1-21, November.
- Cunha, Paulo & Neves, Sónia Almeida & Marques, António Cardoso & Serrasqueiro, Zélia, 2020. "Adoption of energy efficiency measures in the buildings of micro-, small- and medium-sized Portuguese enterprises11The financial support of the NECE - Research Unit in Business Science and Economics, ," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C).
- Trianni, Andrea & Cagno, Enrico & Farné, Stefano, 2016. "Barriers, drivers and decision-making process for industrial energy efficiency: A broad study among manufacturing small and medium-sized enterprises," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 1537-1551.
- Accordini, D. & Cagno, E. & Trianni, A., 2021. "Identification and characterization of decision-making factors over industrial energy efficiency measures in electric motor systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 149(C).
- Josefine Rasmussen, 2020. "The Role of Structural Context in Making Business Sense of Investments for Sustainability–A Case Study," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(17), pages 1-25, August.
- Cagno, E. & Worrell, E. & Trianni, A. & Pugliese, G., 2013. "A novel approach for barriers to industrial energy efficiency," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 290-308.
- Nel, A.J.H. & Vosloo, J.C. & Mathews, M.J., 2018. "Financial model for energy efficiency projects in the mining industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 546-554.
- Andrea Trianni & Davide Accordini & Enrico Cagno, 2020. "Identification and Categorization of Factors Affecting the Adoption of Energy Efficiency Measures within Compressed Air Systems," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(19), pages 1-51, October.
- Bodas-Freitas, Isabel-Maria & Corrocher, Nicoletta, 2019. "The use of external support and the benefits of the adoption of resource efficiency practices: An empirical analysis of european SMEs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 75-82.
- Therese Nehler, 2018. "A Systematic Literature Review of Methods for Improved Utilisation of the Non-Energy Benefits of Industrial Energy Efficiency," Energies, MDPI, vol. 11(12), pages 1-27, November.
- Krutwig Michael C. & Tanțău Adrian, 2018. "Obligatory versus voluntary energy audits: are there differences in quality?," Proceedings of the International Conference on Business Excellence, Sciendo, vol. 12(1), pages 522-532, May.
- Shi, Yingying & Zeng, Yongchao & Engo, Jean & Han, Botang & Li, Yang & Muehleisen, Ralph T., 2020. "Leveraging inter-firm influence in the diffusion of energy efficiency technologies: An agent-based model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 263(C).
- Trianni, Andrea & Cagno, Enrico & De Donatis, Alessio, 2014. "A framework to characterize energy efficiency measures," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 207-220.
- Cagno, Enrico & Ramirez-Portilla, Andres & Trianni, Andrea, 2015. "Linking energy efficiency and innovation practices: Empirical evidence from the foundry sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 240-256.
- Trianni, Andrea & Cagno, Enrico & Accordini, Davide, 2019. "Energy efficiency measures in electric motors systems: A novel classification highlighting specific implications in their adoption," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 252(C), pages 1-1.
- Beverly Lapham & Hiroyuki Kasahara, 2005.
"Import Protection as Export Destruction,"
2005 Meeting Papers
528, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hiroyuki Kasahara & Beverly Lapham, 2006. "Import Protection as Export Destruction," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20062, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Hiroyuki Kasahara & Beverly Lapham, 2006. "Import Protection As Export Destruction," Working Paper 1064, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- De Masi, G. & Giovannetti, G. & Ricchiuti, G., 2013.
"Network analysis to detect common strategies in Italian foreign direct investment,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(5), pages 1202-1214.
- Giulia De Masi & Giorgia Giovannetti & Giorgio Ricchiuti, 2010. "Network Analysis to Detect Common Strategies in the Italian Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers - Economics wp2010_17.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy Efficiency; Climate Investment; Productivity;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2021-06-28 (European Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2021-06-28 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENE-2021-06-28 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2021-06-28 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-REG-2021-06-28 (Regulation)
- NEP-SBM-2021-06-28 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:eibwps:202107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ceeiblu.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ceeiblu.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.