Regulatory stress testing and bank performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1971. "The Private and Social Value of Information and the Reward to Inventive Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(4), pages 561-574, September.
- Emilio Barucci & Roberto Baviera & Carlo Milani, 2018. "The Comprehensive Assessment: What lessons can be learned?," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(15), pages 1253-1271, October.
- Bertrand Candelon & Amadou N Sy, 2015. "How Did Markets React to Stress Tests?," IMF Working Papers 15/75, International Monetary Fund.
- Fama, Eugene F, et al, 1969. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to New Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Thomas Philippon & Pierre Pessarossi & Boubacar Camara, 2017.
"Backtesting European Stress Tests,"
NBER Working Papers
23083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- B. Camara & P. Pessarossi & T. Philippon, 2017. "Back-testing European stress tests," Débats économiques et financiers 26, Banque de France.
- Camara, Boubacar & Pessarossi, Pierre & Philippon, Thomas, 2017. "Backtesting European Stress Tests," CEPR Discussion Papers 11805, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Donald P. Morgan & Stavros Peristiani & Vanessa Savino, 2014. "The Information Value of the Stress Test," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 46(7), pages 1479-1500, October.
- Petrella, Giovanni & Resti, Andrea, 2013. "Supervisors as information producers: Do stress tests reduce bank opaqueness?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5406-5420.
- Goldstein, Itay & Leitner, Yaron, 2018. "Stress tests and information disclosure," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 34-69.
- Carboni, Marika & Fiordelisi, Franco & Ricci, Ornella & Lopes, Francesco Saverio Stentella, 2017. "Surprised or not surprised? The investors’ reaction to the comprehensive assessment preceding the launch of the banking union," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 122-132.
- Flannery, Mark & Hirtle, Beverly & Kovner, Anna, 2017.
"Evaluating the information in the federal reserve stress tests,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 1-18.
- Mark J. Flannery & Beverly Hirtle & Anna Kovner, 2015. "Evaluating the information in the Federal Reserve stress tests," Staff Reports 744, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Mar 2016.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Carlos Alves & Victor Mendes & Paulo Pereira da Silva, 2015. "Do stress tests matter? A study on the impact of the disclosure of stress test results on European financial stocks and CDS markets," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(12), pages 1213-1229, March.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Georgescu, Oana-Maria & Gross, Marco & Kapp, Daniel & Kok, Christoffer, 2017. "Do stress tests matter? Evidence from the 2014 and 2016 stress tests," Working Paper Series 2054, European Central Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks; Stress Testing; Equity Performance; CDS Performance;
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2020-05-11 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2020-05-11 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2020-05-11 (European Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2020-05-11 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-FMK-2020-05-11 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-GEN-2020-05-11 (Gender)
- NEP-ORE-2020-05-11 (Operations Research)
- NEP-RMG-2020-05-11 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:cfrwps:2003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cfkoede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.