Official Dollarization: Current Experiences and Issues, Cato Journal, Vol. 20, No. 2 (Fall 2000), 179-213
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1998.
"The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1009-1025, July.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," NBER Working Papers 5700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," CEPR Discussion Papers 1473, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1982. "Seigniorage and the Case for a National Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(2), pages 295-313, April.
- Bruno, Michael & Easterly, William, 1998. "Inflation crises and long-run growth," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 3-26, February.
- Olivera, Julio H G, 1971. "The Square-Root Law of Precautionary Reserves," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(5), pages 1095-1104, Sept.-Oct.
- Atish R. Ghosh, 1998. "Currency Boards; The Ultimate Fix?," IMF Working Papers 98/8, International Monetary Fund.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1993. "The role of macroeconomic factors in growth," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 485-512, December.
- Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Klingebiel, Daniela, 1996. "Bank insolvencies : cross-country experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1620, The World Bank.
- Clements, Benedict & Schwartz, Gerd, 1993. "Currency substitution: The recent experience of Bolivia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(11), pages 1883-1893, November.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Khan, Mohsin S., 1996.
"Foreign currency deposits and the demand for money in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 101-118, June.
- Mohsin S. Khan & Pierre-Richard Agénor, 1992. "Foreign Currency Deposits and the Demand for Money in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 92/1, International Monetary Fund.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Michael Gavin & Carmen Pagés-Serra & Ernesto H. Stein, 1999. "Financial Turmoil and Choice of Exchange Rate Regime," Research Department Publications 4170, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- PONSOT, Jean-François, 2002. "La dollerisation des économies émergentes," LATEC - Document de travail - Economie (1991-2003) 2002-02, LATEC, Laboratoire d'Analyse et des Techniques EConomiques, CNRS UMR 5118, Université de Bourgogne.
- International Monetary Fund, 2002. "Macroeconomic Adjustment in a Highly Dollarized Economy; The Case of Cambodia," IMF Working Papers 02/92, International Monetary Fund.
- Owen F. Humpage, 2002. "An incentive-compatible suggestion for seigniorage sharing with dollarizing countries," Policy Discussion Papers, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Jun.
- Roberto Duncan, 2003. "Exploring the Implications of Official Dollarization on Macroeconomic Volatility," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 200, Central Bank of Chile.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & Kalin Hristov, 2001. "Official Eurozation of Bulgaria: Pluses and Minuses," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 1, pages 64-80.
- Sebastian Edwards & I. Igal Magendzo, 2003.
"Dollarization and economic performance: What do we really know?,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 351-363.
- Sebastian Edwards & I. Igal Magendzo, 2002. "Dollarization and Economic Performance: What Do We Really Know?," Working Papers 65, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Sebastian Edwards & I. Igal Magendzo, 2002. "Dollarization and Economic Performance: What Do we Really Know?," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 175, Central Bank of Chile.
- Jeta Menkulasi & Lodewyk Erasmus & Jules Leichter, 2009. "Dedollarization in Liberia-Lessons From Cross-Country Experience," IMF Working Papers 09/37, International Monetary Fund.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2001. "Dollarization and Economic Performance: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 8274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cordeiro, Jose Luis, 2008. "Monetary Systems in Developing Countries: An Unorthodox View," IDE Discussion Papers 154, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Makochekanwa, Albert, 2009. "Zimbabwe’s Currency Crisis: Which Currency To Adopt In The Aftermath Of The Multi-Currency Regime?," MPRA Paper 22463, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 2002. "The great exchange rate debate after Argentina," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 237-252, December.
- Edwards, Sebastian & Magendzo, I. Igal, 2006.
"Strict Dollarization and Economic Performance: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(1), pages 269-282, February.
- Sebastian Edwards & I. Igal Magendzo, 2003. "Strict Dollarization and Economic Performance: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 9820, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean-François Ponsot, 2002.
"The dollarization of emergent economies
[La dollarisation des économies émergentes]," Working Papers hal-01526893, HAL.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2011. "Exchange-Rate Policies in Emerging Countries: Eleven Empirical Regularities From Latin America and East Asia," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 533-563, September.
- Richard Pomfret, 2003. "Formation and Dissolution of Monetary Unions: Evidence from Europe, and Lessons for Elsewhere," School of Economics Working Papers 2003-03, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Sebastian Edwards & Igal Magendzo, 2003. "A Currency of One's Own? An Empirical Investigation on Dollarization and Independent Currency Unions," NBER Working Papers 9514, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Musoke, Zakia, 2017. "An empirical investigation on dollarization and currency devaluation: A case study of Tanzania," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-8, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Sebastian Edwards & I. Igal Magendzo, 2001. "Dollarization, Inflation and Growth," NBER Working Papers 8671, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lula G. Mengesha & Mark J. Holmes, 2013. "Does Dollarization Alleviate Or Aggravate Exchange Rate Volatility?," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 38(2), pages 99-118, June.
- Romain VEYRUNE, 2002. "Monnaie et convertibilité : trois expériences historiques," Working Papers 200216, CERDI.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2011. "Exchange Rates in Emerging Countries: Eleven Empirical Regularities from Latin America and East Asia," NBER Working Papers 17074, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Betts, Caroline & Devereux, Michael B, 2000. "International Monetary Policy Coordination and Competitive Depreciation: A Reevaluation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(4), pages 722-745, November.
- Cruz-Rodríguez, Alexis, 2005.
"¿Es la dolarización oficial una opción real para las economías emergentes?
[Is Official Dollarization a real option for emerging countries?]," MPRA Paper 54353, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roberto Duncan, 2003. "Floating, Official Dollarization, and Macroeconomic Volatility:An Analysis for the Chilean Economy," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 249, Central Bank of Chile.
- Le Maux, Laurent, 2003. "Dollarisation officielle : analyse critique et alternative," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 79(3), pages 367-391, Septembre.
More about this item
Keywordsdollarization monetary unions seigniorage Panama Latin America;
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- E - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
- O - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth
- P - Economic Systems
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2005-10-08 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2005-10-08 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MAC-2005-10-08 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2005-10-08 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpif:0510006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.