Lessons from the Monetary Experience of Panama: A Dollar Economy with Financial Integration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles W. Calomiris, 1998. "The IMF's Imprudent Role As Lender of Last Resort," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 17(3), pages 275-294, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ricardo Hausmann, 1999. "Exchange rates and financial fragility," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 329-368.
- Hernandez-Chanto, Allan, 2016. "The Extrinsic Value of Low-Denomination Money Holdings," MPRA Paper 72348, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Jan 2016.
- Steve Hanke, 2003. "Money and the rule of law in ecuador," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 131-145.
- Myriam Quispe-Agnoli, 2001. "Monetary policy alternatives for Latin America," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, pages 43-53.
- Cachanosky, Nicolas, 2014. "The effects of U.S. monetary policy on Colombia and Panama (2002–2007)," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 428-436.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 2001. "Dollarization: Myths and realities," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 249-265, April.
- Romain VEYRUNE, 2002. "Monnaie et convertibilité : trois expériences historiques," Working Papers 200216, CERDI.
- Ilan Goldfajn & Gino Olivares, 2000. "Is adopting Full Dollarization the solution? Looking at the evidence," Textos para discussão 416, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Michele Fratianni, 2004. "Borders and the Constraints on Globalization," Working Papers 2004-05, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2011. "Exchange Rates in Emerging Countries: Eleven Empirical Regularities from Latin America and East Asia," NBER Working Papers 17074, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cruz-Rodríguez, Alexis, 2005.
"¿Es la dolarización oficial una opción real para las economías emergentes?
[Is Official Dollarization a real option for emerging countries?]," MPRA Paper 54353, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Le Maux, Laurent, 2003. "Dollarisation officielle : analyse critique et alternative," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 79(3), pages 367-391, Septembre.
- Alexandre Minda, 2005. "La dollarisation intégrale : une option monétaire de dernier ressort pour l'Amérique latine ?," Mondes en développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 130(2), pages 15-39.
- Rachel McCulloch & Blake LeBaron, 2000. "Floating, Fixed, or Super-Fixed? Dollarization Joins the Menu of Exchange-Rate Options," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 32-37, May.
More about this item
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cto:journl:v:18:y:1999:i:3:p:421-439. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emily Ekins). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/catoous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.