Dollarization: a scorecard
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Roberto, 1994.
"Endogenous Currency Substitution, Inflationary Finance, and Welfare,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(4), pages 903-916, November.
- Chang, Roberto, 1989. "Endogenous Currency Substitution, Inflationary Finance, And Welfare," Working Papers 89-12, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Michael Gavin & Carmen Pagés & Ernesto H. Stein, 1999. "Financial Turmoil and the Choice of Exchange Rate Regime," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1108, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Jonathan David Ostry & Anne Marie Gulde & Atish R. Ghosh & Holger C. Wolf, 1995.
"Does the Nominal Exchange Rate Regime Matter?,"
IMF Working Papers
95/121, International Monetary Fund.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Anne-Marie Gulde & Jonathan D. Ostry & Holger C. Wolf, 1997. "Does The Nominal Exchange Rate Regime Matter?," Working Papers 97-09, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Anne-Marie Gulde & Jonathan D. Ostry & Holger C. Wolf, 1997. "Does the Nominal Exchange Rate Regime Matter?," NBER Working Papers 5874, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miron, Jeffrey A, 1986. "Financial Panics, the Seasonality of the Nominal Interest Rate, and theFounding of the Fed," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 125-140, March.
- Tornell, Aaron & Velasco, Andres, 1995. "Fiscal discipline and the choice of exchange rate regime," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 759-770, April.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Andrew Berg, 2000. "The Pros and Cons of Full Dollarization," IMF Working Papers 00/50, International Monetary Fund.
- Steve H. Hanke & Kurt Schuler, 1999. "A Monetary Constitution for Argentina: Rules for Dollarization," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 18(3), pages 405-419, Winter.
- Roberto Chang & Andres Velasco, 2002. "Dollarization: Analytical Issues," NBER Working Papers 8838, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ilan Goldfajn & Gino Olivares, 2000. "Is adopting Full Dollarization the solution? Looking at the evidence," Textos para discussão 416, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Ricardo Hausmann & Michael Gavin & Carmen Pagés & Ernesto H. Stein, 1999. "Financial Turmoil and the Choice of Exchange Rate Regime," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4128, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Michael Gavin & Carmen Pagés-Serra & Ernesto H. Stein, 1999. "Financial Turmoil and Choice of Exchange Rate Regime," Research Department Publications 4170, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- René Cabral-Torres, "undated". "Assessing the Impact of Real Shocks on Small Dollarized Economies," Discussion Papers 05/27, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Ferro, Gustavo, 2001. "Currency Board: From Stabilization to Full Dollarization? The Argentine Experience," MPRA Paper 15353, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kurasawa, Kazutaka & Marty, Alvin L., 2007. ""Optimal" inflation under dollarization," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 251-264, March.
- Andreas M. Fischer & Thomas J. Jordan & Caesar P. Lack, 2002.
"Giving Up the Swiss Franc:Some Considerations on Seigniorage Flows under EMU,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 138(I), pages 61-82, March.
- Fischer, Andreas M & Jordan, Thomas J. & Lack, Caeser P, 2002. "Giving Up the Swiss Franc: Some Consideration on Seigniorage Flows Under EMU," CEPR Discussion Papers 3156, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yinusa, Dauda Olalekan, 2008. "Between dollarization and exchange rate volatility: Nigeria's portfolio diversification option," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 811-826.
- Cabral, René, 2010. "Why dollarization didn't succeed: Comparing credibility and the impact of real shocks on small open economies," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 297-313, December.
- Kamin, Steven B. & Ericsson, Neil R., 2003. "Dollarization in post-hyperinflationary Argentina," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 185-211, April.
- Ferro, Gustavo, 2001.
"De bancos centrales, juntas monetarias y dolarización
[On central banks, currency boards and dollarization]," MPRA Paper 15354, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Le Maux, Laurent, 2003. "Dollarisation officielle : analyse critique et alternative," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 79(3), pages 367-391, Septembre.
- Gaetano Antinolfi & Todd Keister, 2001. "Dollarization as a monetary arrangement for emerging market economies," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov., pages 29-40.
- Michael J. Chriszt, 2000. "Perspectives on a potential North American monetary union," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q4, pages 29-38.
More about this item
KeywordsLatin America ; Dollar ; Money;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedaer:y:2000:i:q3:p:1-12:n:v.85no.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Meredith Rector). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbatus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.