Exploring the Implications of Official Dollarization on Macroeconomic Volatility
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hochreiter, Eduard & Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus & Winckler, Georg, 2002.
"Monetary union: European lessons, Latin American prospects,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 297-321, December.
- Eduard Hochreiter & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Georg Winckler, 2002. "Monetary Union: European Lessons, Latin American Prospects," Working Papers 68, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Eduard Hochreiter & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Georg Winckler, 2002. "Monetary Union: European Lessons, Latin American Prospects," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 167, Central Bank of Chile.
- Klein, Michael W., 2005. "Dollarization and trade," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 935-943, October.
- repec:cto:journl:v:20:y:2000:i:2:p:179-213 is not listed on IDEAS
- Enrique Mendoza, 2002.
"Why Should Emerging Economies Give Up National Currencies? A Case for Institutions Substitution,"
Research Department Publications
4309, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Mendoza, Enrique G., 2011. "Why Should Emerging Economies Give Up National Currencies?: A Case for "Institutions Substitution"," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1912, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Enrique G. Mendoza, 2002. "Why Should Emerging Economies Give up National Currencies: A Case for 'Institutions Substitution'," NBER Working Papers 8950, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas Gale & Xavier Vives, 2002.
"Dollarization, Bailouts, and the Stability of the Banking System,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(2), pages 467-502.
- Xavier Vives & Douglas Gale, 2001. "Dollarization, bailouts, and the stability of the banking system," Proceedings 729, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Gale, Douglas & Vives, Xavier, 2002. "Dollarization, Bailouts, and the Stability of the Banking System," Discussion Paper Series 26195, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
- Gale, Douglas & Vives, Xavier, 2002. "Dollarization, bailouts, and the stability of the banking system," HWWA Discussion Papers 185, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Gale, Douglas M & Vives, Xavier, 2001. "Dollarization, Bailouts and the Stability of the Banking System," CEPR Discussion Papers 2901, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 2001. "Dollarization: Myths and realities," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 249-265, April.
- Schmitt-Grohe, Stephanie & Uribe, Martin, 2001.
"Stabilization Policy and the Costs of Dollarization,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(2), pages 482-509, May.
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2001. "Stabilization policy and the costs of dollarization," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 482-517.
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2000. "Stabilization Policy and the Costs of Dollarization," Departmental Working Papers 200006, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Sebastian Edwards & I. Igal Magendzo, 2001. "Dollarization, Inflation and Growth," NBER Working Papers 8671, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998.
"Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1997. "Generalised Impulse Response Analysis in Linear Multivariate Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Zeljko Bogetic, 2005. "Official Dollarization: Current Experiences and Issues, Cato Journal, Vol. 20, No. 2 (Fall 2000), 179-213," International Finance 0510006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2000. "When Capital Inflows Come to a Sudden Stop: Consequences and Policy Options," MPRA Paper 6982, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bufman, G. & Leiderman, L., 1992. "Simulating an Optimizing Model of Currency Substitution," Papers 6-92, Tel Aviv - the Sackler Institute of Economic Studies.
- Roberto Chang & Andres Velasco, 2002. "Dollarization: Analytical Issues," NBER Working Papers 8838, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2001. "Dollarization and Economic Performance: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 8274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2003-03-25 (Central Banking)
- NEP-IFN-2003-03-25 (International Finance)
- NEP-LAM-2003-03-25 (Central & South America)
- NEP-MAC-2004-09-12 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-RMG-2003-03-25 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chb:bcchwp:200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Sepulveda). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bccgvcl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.