Forecasting Methods for Marketing:* Review of Empirical Research
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter R. Winters, 1960. "Forecasting Sales by Exponentially Weighted Moving Averages," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(3), pages 324-342, April.
- P. Leone, Robert, 1987. "Forecasting the effect of an environmental change on market performance: An intervention time-series approach," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 463-478.
- Geurts, Michael D. & Patrick Kelly, J., 1986. "Forecasting retail sales using alternative models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 261-272.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Andress, James G., 1970. "Exploratory Analysis of Marketing Data: Trees vs. Regression," MPRA Paper 81668, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hagerty, Michael R., 1987. "Conditions under which econometric models will outperform naive models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 457-460.
- Makridakis, Spyros & Hibon, Michele & Lusk, Ed & Belhadjali, Moncef, 1987. "Confidence intervals: An empirical investigation of the series in the M-competition," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 489-508.
- Spyros Makridakis & Robert L. Winkler, 1983. "Averages of Forecasts: Some Empirical Results," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(9), pages 987-996, September.
- Barnett R. Parker & V. Srinivasan, 1976. "A Consumer Preference Approach to the Planning of Rural Primary Health-Care Facilities," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 24(5), pages 991-1025, October.
- Dalrymple, Douglas J., 1975. "Sales forecasting methods and accuracy," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 69-73, December.
- Dhrymes, Phoebus J. & Peristiani, Stavros C., 1988. "A comparison of the forecasting performance of WEFA and ARIMA time series methods," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 81-101.
- John D. C. Little, 1970. "Models and Managers: The Concept of a Decision Calculus," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(8), pages 466-485, April.
- Steven P. Schnaars, 1986. "An Evaluation of Rules for Selecting an Extrapolation Model on Yearly Sales Forecasts," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 16(6), pages 100-107, December.
- Tyebjee, Tyzoon T., 1987. "Behavioral biases in new product forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 393-404.
- Wilton, Peter C & Pessemier, Edgar A, 1981. " Forecasting the Ultimate Acceptance of an Innovation: The Effects of Information," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 162-171, September.
- Robin M. Hogarth & Spyros Makridakis, 1981. "Forecasting and Planning: An Evaluation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(2), pages 115-138, February.
- Brodie, Roderick J. & De Kluyver, Cornelis A., 1987. "A comparison of the short term forecasting accuracy of econometric and naive extrapolation models of market share," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 423-437.
- JS Armstrong, 2004. "Forecasting Methods for Conflict Situations," General Economics and Teaching 0412025, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Armstrong, J. Scott, 1970. "An Application of Econometric Models to International Marketing," MPRA Paper 81698, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leonard M. Lodish, 1971. "Callplan: An Interactive Salesman's Call Planning System," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(4-Part-II), pages 25-40, December.
- Lawrence, Michael J. & Edmundson, Robert H. & O'Connor, Marcus J., 1985. "An examination of the accuracy of judgmental extrapolation of time series," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 25-35.
- Huber, Joel, 1975. " Bootstrapping of Data and Decisions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(3), pages 229-234, December.
- Dipankar Chakravarti & Andrew Mitchell & Richard Staelin, 1979. "Judgment Based Marketing Decision Models: An Experimental Investigation of the Decision Calculus Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(3), pages 251-263, March.
- Rink, David R. & Swan, John E., 1979. "Product life cycle research: A literature review," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 219-242, September.
- Vijay Mahajan & Eitan Muller & Subhash Sharma, 1984. "An Empirical Comparison of Awareness Forecasting Models of New Product Introduction," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(3), pages 179-197.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kesten C. Green & J. Scott Armstrong, 2004. "Value of Expertise For Forecasting Decisions in Conflicts," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 27/04, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
More about this item
Keywordsforecasting; marketing; methods; review; research;
- A - General Economics and Teaching
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpgt:0502023. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.