The Success of Marketing Management Support Systems
This paper provides an introduction to this Special Issue by a) providing a framework for evaluating the potential and actual success of marketing management support systems (MMSS), and b) briefly discussing how each paper in this Special Issue addresses the general topic of managerial decision making. The paper concludes by outlining some key questions that still need to be addressed.
Volume (Year): 18 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 7240 Parkway Drive, Suite 300, Hanover, MD 21076 USA|
Web page: http://www.informs.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gilles Laurent & G. L. Lilien & B. Pras, 1994. "Research Tradition in Marketing," Post-Print hal-00821717, HAL.
- Izak Benbasat & Albert S. Dexter, 1985. "An Experimental Evaluation of Graphical and Color-Enhanced Information Presentation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(11), pages 1348-1364, November.
- William K. Fudge & Leonard M. Lodish, 1977. "Evaluation of the Effectiveness of a Model Based Salesman's Planning System by Field Experimentation," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 8(1-part-2), pages 97-106, November.
- Bernard Pras & Gilles Laurent & Gary L. Lilien, 1994. "Research Traditions in Marketing," Post-Print halshs-00150675, HAL.
- Robert W. Zmud, 1979. "Individual Differences and MIS Success: A Review of the Empirical Literature," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(10), pages 966-979, October.
- Blake Ives & Margrethe H. Olson, 1984. "User Involvement and MIS Success: A Review of Research," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(5), pages 586-603, May.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3445 is not listed on IDEAS
- William H. DeLone & Ephraim R. McLean, 1992. "Information Systems Success: The Quest for the Dependent Variable," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 3(1), pages 60-95, March.
- Stephen J. Hoch & David A. Schkade, 1996. "A Psychological Approach to Decision Support Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(1), pages 51-64, January.
- Rashi Glazer & Joel H. Steckel & Russell S. Winer, 1992. "Locally Rational Decision Making: The Distracting Effect of Information on Managerial Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(2), pages 212-226, February.
- Leonard M. Lodish & Ellen Curtis & Michael Ness & M. Kerry Simpson, 1988. "Sales Force Sizing and Deployment Using a Decision Calculus Model at Syntex Laboratories," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 18(1), pages 5-20, February.
- Shelby H. McIntyre, 1982. "An Experimental Study of the Impact of Judgment-Based Marketing Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(1), pages 17-33, January.
- Alba, Joseph W & Hutchinson, J Wesley, 1987. " Dimensions of Consumer Expertise," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 411-454, March.
- Richard O. Mason & Ian I. Mitroff, 1973. "A Program for Research on Management Information Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(5), pages 475-487, January.
- Norman L. Chervany & Gary W. Dickson, 1974. "An Experimental Evaluation of Information Overload in a Production Environment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(10), pages 1335-1344, June.
- Leonard M. Lodish, 1971. "Callplan: An Interactive Salesman's Call Planning System," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(4-Part-II), pages 25-40, December.
- Robert C. Blattberg & Stephen J. Hoch, 1990. "Database Models and Managerial Intuition: 50% Model + 50% Manager," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(8), pages 887-899, August.
- Dipankar Chakravarti & Andrew Mitchell & Richard Staelin, 1979. "Judgment Based Marketing Decision Models: An Experimental Investigation of the Decision Calculus Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(3), pages 251-263, March.
- Marian Chapman Moore, 1992. "Signals and Choices in a Competitive Interaction: The Role of Moves and Messages," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(4), pages 483-500, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:18:y:1999:i:3:p:196-207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.