Forecasting for Marketing
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Deirdre N. McCloskey & Stephen T. Ziliak, 1996. "The Standard Error of Regressions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 97-114, March.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Overton, Terry, 1971.
"Brief vs. comprehensive descriptions in measuring intentions to purchase,"
81697, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- JS Armstrong & Terry Overton, 2005. "Brief vs. Comprehensive Descriptions in Measuring Intentions to Purchase," General Economics and Teaching 0502032, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jerry Wind & Paul E. Green & Douglas Shifflet & Marsha Scarbrough, 1989. "Courtyard by Marriott : Designing a Hotel Facility with Consumer-Based Marketing Models," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 19(1), pages 25-47, February.
- Makridakis, Spyros & Hibon, Michele & Lusk, Ed & Belhadjali, Moncef, 1987. "Confidence intervals: An empirical investigation of the series in the M-competition," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 489-508.
- Dalrymple, Douglas J., 1975. "Sales forecasting methods and accuracy," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 69-73, December.
- Patricia M. West & Patrick L. Brockett & Linda L. Golden, 1997. "A Comparative Analysis of Neural Networks and Statistical Methods for Predicting Consumer Choice," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(4), pages 370-391.
- Steven P. Schnaars, 1986. "An Evaluation of Rules for Selecting an Extrapolation Model on Yearly Sales Forecasts," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 16(6), pages 100-107, December.
- JS Armstrong & Fred Collopy, 2004. "Causal Forces: Structuring Knowledge for Time-series Extrapolation," General Economics and Teaching 0412003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fred Collopy & J. Scott Armstrong, 1992.
"Rule-Based Forecasting: Development and Validation of an Expert Systems Approach to Combining Time Series Extrapolations,"
INFORMS, vol. 38(10), pages 1394-1414, October.
- Fred Collopy & JS Armstrong, 2004. "Rule-Based Forecasting: Development and Validation of an Expert Systems Approach to Combining Time Series Extrapolations," General Economics and Teaching 0412004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alison Hubbard Ashton & Robert H. Ashton, 1985. "Aggregating Subjective Forecasts: Some Empirical Results," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(12), pages 1499-1508, December.
- Dalrymple, Douglas J., 1987. "Sales forecasting practices: Results from a United States survey," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 379-391.
- F. Thomas Juster, 1966. "Consumer Buying Intentions and Purchase Probability: An Experiment in Survey Design," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number just66-2.
- Tyebjee, Tyzoon T., 1987. "Behavioral biases in new product forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 393-404.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Collopy, Fred, 1992. "Error measures for generalizing about forecasting methods: Empirical comparisons," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 69-80, June.
- Chatfield, Chris, 1993. "Neural networks: Forecasting breakthrough or passing fad?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-3, April.
- Armstrong, J Scott & Collopy, Fred, 2001. "Identification of Asymmetric Prediction Intervals through Causal Forces," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 273-283, July.
- Robert C. Blattberg & Stephen J. Hoch, 1990. "Database Models and Managerial Intuition: 50% Model + 50% Manager," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(8), pages 887-899, August.
- Donald S. Tull, 1967. "The Relationship of Actual and Predicted Sales and Profits in New-Product Introductions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40, pages 233-233.
- Lawrence, Michael J. & Edmundson, Robert H. & O'Connor, Marcus J., 1985. "An examination of the accuracy of judgmental extrapolation of time series," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 25-35.
- JS Armstrong & Fred Collopy, 2004. "Integration of Statistical Methods and Judgment for Time Series," General Economics and Teaching 0412024, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bonache, Adrien, 2008.
"Les ventes de produits innovants à la mode sont-elles chaotiques? Le cas des ventes de Game Boy au Japon
[Are innovative and fashion goods sales chaotic? The case of Game Boy sales in Japan]," MPRA Paper 12964, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Canback, Staffan & D'Agnese, Frank, 2007. "Where in the world is the market? : The income distribution approach to understanding consumer demand in emerging countries," MPRA Paper 13854, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- A - General Economics and Teaching
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpgt:0502018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.