A Comparative Analysis of Neural Networks and Statistical Methods for Predicting Consumer Choice
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:16:y:2009:i:6:p:495-501 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hruschka, Harald & Fettes, Werner & Probst, Markus, 2004. "An empirical comparison of the validity of a neural net based multinomial logit choice model to alternative model specifications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 159(1), pages 166-180, November.
- Hu, Michael Y. & Tsoukalas, Christos, 2003. "Explaining consumer choice through neural networks: The stacked generalization approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 146(3), pages 650-660, May.
- Dapeng Cui & David Curry, 2005. "Prediction in Marketing Using the Support Vector Machine," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(4), pages 595-615, January.
- Vroomen, Bjorn & Hans Franses, Philip & van Nierop, Erjen, 2004.
"Modeling consideration sets and brand choice using artificial neural networks,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 154(1), pages 206-217, April.
- Vroomen, B.L.K. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & van Nierop, J.E.M., 2001. "Modeling Consideration Sets and Brand Choice Using Artificial Neural Networks," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-10-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Grant Samkin & Annika Schneider, 2008. "Adding scientific rigour to qualitative data analysis: an illustrative example," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(3), pages 207-238, October.
- Qi, Min & Yang, Sha, 2003. "Forecasting consumer credit card adoption: what can we learn about the utility function?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 71-85.
- Crone, Sven F. & Lessmann, Stefan & Stahlbock, Robert, 2006. "The impact of preprocessing on data mining: An evaluation of classifier sensitivity in direct marketing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 173(3), pages 781-800, September.
- Gianni Di Pillo & Vittorio Latorre & Stefano Lucidi & Enrico Procacci, 2013. "An application of learning machines to sales forecasting under promotions," DIAG Technical Reports 2013-04, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- Makoto Abe & Yasemin Boztug & Lutz Hildebrandt, 2004.
"Investigating the competitive assumption of Multinomial Logit models of brand choice by nonparametric modeling,"
Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 635-657, December.
- Makoto Abe & Yasemin Boztug & Lutz Hildebrandt, 2003. "Investigating the Competitive Assumption of Multinomial Logit Models of Brand Choice by Nonparametric Modeling," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-193, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- repec:eee:touman:v:50:y:2015:i:c:p:130-141 is not listed on IDEAS
- Geng Cui & Man Leung Wong & Hon-Kwong Lui, 2006. "Machine Learning for Direct Marketing Response Models: Bayesian Networks with Evolutionary Programming," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(4), pages 597-612, April.
- J. S. Armstrong & R. Brodie, 2005. "Forecasting for Marketing," General Economics and Teaching 0502018, EconWPA.
- Moutinho, Ricardo & Au-Yong-Oliveira, Manuel & Coelho, Arnaldo & Manso, José Pires, 2015. "Beyond the “Innovation's Black-Box”: Translating R&D outlays into employment and economic growth," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 45-58.
- Potharst, R. & van Rijthoven, M. & van Wezel, M.C., 2005. "Modeling brand choice using boosted and stacked neural networks," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2005-05, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Bergtold, Jason S. & Ramsey, Steven M., 2015. "Neural Network Estimators of Binary Choice Processes: Estimation, Marginal Effects and WTP," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205649, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Brodie, Roderick J., 1999. "Forecasting for Marketing," MPRA Paper 81690, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fish, Kelly E. & Johnson, John D. & Dorsey, Robert E. & Blodgett, Jeffery G., 2004. "Using an artificial neural network trained with a genetic algorithm to model brand share," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 79-85, January.
- Bioch, J.C. & Groenen, P.J.F. & Nalbantov, G.I., 2005. "Solving and interpreting binary classification problems in marketing with SVMs," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2005-46, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Sparke, Kai & Menrad, Klaus, 2007. "DIMENSIONEN DER VERBRAUCHERRESONANZ BEI DER NEUPRODUKTBEURTEILUNG VON LEBENSMITTELN (German)," 47th Annual Conference, Weihenstephan, Germany, September 26-28, 2007 7611, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
More about this item
Keywordsconsumer decision making; neural networks; statistical techniques;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:16:y:1997:i:4:p:370-391. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.