Research on Forecasting: A Quarter-Century Review, 1960-1984
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Everette S. Gardner, Jr. & Ed. Mckenzie, 1985. "Forecasting Trends in Time Series," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(10), pages 1237-1246, October.
- Fildes, Robert A & Fitzgerald, M Desmond, 1983. "The Use of Information in Balance of Payments Forecasting," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(199), pages 249-258, August.
- Robin M. Hogarth & Spyros Makridakis, 1981. "Forecasting and Planning: An Evaluation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(2), pages 115-138, February.
- J. Scott Armstrong, 1984.
"Forecasting by Extrapolation: Conclusions from 25 Years of Research,"
INFORMS, vol. 14(6), pages 52-66, December.
- J. S. Armstrong, 2005. "Forecasting by Extrapolation: Conclusions from 25 Years of Research," General Economics and Teaching 0502025, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arthur Okun, 1960. "The Value of Anticipations Data in Forecasting National Product," NBER Chapters, in: The Quality and Economic Significance of Anticipations Data, pages 407-460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Spyros Makridakis & Robert L. Winkler, 1983. "Averages of Forecasts: Some Empirical Results," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(9), pages 987-996, September.
- Robert Levine, 1960. "Capital Expenditures Forecasts by Individual Firms," NBER Chapters, in: The Quality and Economic Significance of Anticipations Data, pages 351-368, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsforecasting; forecasting research;
- A - General Economics and Teaching
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ETS-2004-12-12 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-HIS-2004-12-12 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2004-12-12 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpgt:0412006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.