Incentive contracts for environmental services and their potential in REDD
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fortmann, Lea & Cordero-Salas, Paula & Sohngen, Brent & Brian, Roe, 2016. "Incentive Contracts for Environmental Services and their Potential in REDD," International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics, now publishers, vol. 9(3-4), pages 363-409, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghatak, Maitreesh & Pandey, Priyanka, 2000. "Contract choice in agriculture with joint moral hazard in effort and risk," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 303-326, December.
- Philip Fearnside, 2001. "The Potential of Brazil's Forest Sector for Mitigating Global Warming under the Kyoto Protocol," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 355-372, September.
- Wunder, Sven, 2008. "Payments for environmental services and the poor: concepts and preliminary evidence," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 279-297, June.
- Tavoni, Massimo & Sohngen, Brent & Bosetti, Valentina, 2007.
"Forestry and the carbon market response to stabilize climate,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5346-5353, November.
- Massimo Tavoni & Valentina Bosetti & Brent Sohngen, 2007. "Forestry and the Carbon Market Response to Stabilize Climate," Working Papers 2007.15, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Tavoni, Massimo & Bosetti, Valentina & Sohngen, Brent, 2007. "Forestry and the Carbon Market Response to Stabilize Climate," Climate Change Modelling and Policy Working Papers 10263, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Palmer, Charles, 2011. "Property rights and liability for deforestation under REDD+: Implications for 'permanence' in policy design," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 571-576, February.
- Hook, James E., 2008. "J.T. Scholz and B. Stiftel, Editors, Adaptive Governance and Water Conflict, Resources for the Future, RFF Press, Washington, DC (October 2005) 300 pp., Unjacketed Hardback, US$ 32.95, ISBN: 1-933115-," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(6), pages 748-749, June.
- Cacho, Oscar J. & Marshall, Graham R. & Milne, Mary, 2003.
"Smallholder agroforestry projects: Potential for carbon sequestration and poverty alleviation,"
ESA Working Papers
289093, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Oscar J. Cacho & Graham R. Marshall & Mary Milne, 2003. "Smallholder Agroforestry Projects: Potential for carbon sequestration and poverty alleviation," Working Papers 03-06, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Kerr, Suzi & Lipper, Leslie & Pfaff, Alexander S.P. & Cavatassi, Romina & Davis, Benjamin & Hendy, Joanna & Sanchez, Arturo, 2004.
"Will Buying Tropical Forest Carbon Benefit The Poor? Evidence from Costa Rica,"
ESA Working Papers
23807, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Suzi Kerr & Leslie Lipper & Alexander S.P. Pfaff & Romina Cavatassi & Benjamin Davis & Joanna Hendy & Arturo Sanchez, 2004. "Will Buying Tropical Forest Carbon Benefit The Poor? Evidence from Costa Rica," Working Papers 04-20, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- G. Cornelis van Kooten, 2008.
"Biological Carbon Sinks: Transaction Costs and Governance,"
2008-12, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2008. "Biological Carbon Sinks: Transaction Costs and Governance," Working Papers 45505, University of Victoria, Resource Economics and Policy.
- Angelsen, Arild & Kaimowitz, David, 1999. "Rethinking the Causes of Deforestation: Lessons from Economic Models," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 73-98, February.
- JunJie Wu & Bruce A. Babcock, 1996.
"Contract Design for the Purchase of Environmental Goods from Agriculture,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 935-945.
- Wu, JunJie & Babcock, Bruce A., 1996. "Contract Design for the Purchase of Environmental Goods from Agriculture," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1050, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Gan, Jianbang & McCarl, Bruce A., 2007. "Measuring transnational leakage of forest conservation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 423-432, December.
- Grieg-Gran, Maryanne & Porras, Ina & Wunder, Sven, 2005. "How can market mechanisms for forest environmental services help the poor? Preliminary lessons from Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1511-1527, September.
- Karan Capoor & Philippe Ambrosi, "undated". "State and Trends of the Carbon Market 2008," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13405, The World Bank.
- Gong, Yazhen & Bull, Gary & Baylis, Kathy, 2010. "Participation in the world's first clean development mechanism forest project: The role of property rights, social capital and contractual rules," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1292-1302, April.
- Engel, Stefanie & Palmer, Charles & Taschini, Luca & Urech, Simon, 2011. "The Design of Payments for Avoided Deforestation Under Uncertainty: Insight from Real Option Theory," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114816, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ferraro, Paul J., 2008. "Asymmetric information and contract design for payments for environmental services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 810-821, May.
- Carmen Arguedas & Daan Soest, 2011. "Optimal Conservation Programs, Asymmetric Information and the Role of Fixed Costs," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 50(2), pages 305-323, October.
- Bluffstone, Randy & Robinson, Elizabeth & Guthiga, Paul, 2013. "REDD+and community-controlled forests in low-income countries: Any hope for a linkage?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 43-52.
- Jayant Sathaye & Kenneth Andrasko, 2007. "Special issue on estimation of baselines and leakage in carbon mitigation forestry projects," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 12(6), pages 963-970, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gren, Ing-Marie & Zeleke, Abenezer Aklilu, 2016. "Policy design for forest carbon sequestration: A review of the literature," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 128-136.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate Change Mitigation and Green House Gases; Environmental Economics&Policies; Climate Change Economics; Debt Markets; Environment and Energy Efficiency;
- D86 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Economics of Contract Law
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-04-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2014-04-11 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GER-2014-04-11 (German Papers)
- NEP-PPM-2014-04-11 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6829. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.