Income shocks reduce human capital investments : evidence from five east European countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lisa Cameron, 2001.
"The Impact Of The Indonesian Financial Crisis On Children: An Analysis Using The 100 Villages Data,"
Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(1), pages 43-64.
- Lisa A. Cameron, 2001. "The Impact of the Indonesian Financial Crisis on Children: An analysis using the 100 villages data," Papers inwopa01/10, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Aakvik, Arild, 2001.
" Bounding a Matching Estimator: The Case of a Norwegian Training Program,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(1), pages 115-143, February.
- Aakvik, A., 1999. "Bounding a Marching Estimator: the Case of a Norwegian Training Program," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 0499, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Aakvik, A., 2001. "Bounding a Matching Estimator: The Case of a Norwegian Training Program," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 222, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Hanan G. Jacoby & Emmanuel Skoufias, 1997. "Risk, Financial Markets, and Human Capital in a Developing Country," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(3), pages 311-335.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Caliendo, Marco, 2007.
"mhbounds – Sensitivity Analysis for Average Treatment Effects,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2542, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sascha O. Becker & Marco Caliendo, 2007. "mhbounds - Sensitivity Analysis for Average Treatment Effects," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 659, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Christina Paxson & Norbert Schady, 2005. "Child Health and Economic Crisis in Peru," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 203-223.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Schady, Norbert, 2008. "Aggregate economic shocks, child schooling and child health," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4701, The World Bank.
- Sarah Baird & Jed Friedman & Norbert Schady, 2011.
"Aggregate Income Shocks and Infant Mortality in the Developing World,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 93(3), pages 847-856, August.
- Sarah Baird & Jed Friedman & Norbert Schady, 2009. "Aggregate Income Shocks and Infant Mortality in the Developing World," Working Papers 2010-07, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- McKenzie, David J., 2003. "How do Households Cope with Aggregate Shocks? Evidence from the Mexican Peso Crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1179-1199, July.
- Case, Anne & Fertig, Angela & Paxson, Christina, 2005.
"The lasting impact of childhood health and circumstance,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 365-389, March.
- Anne Case & Angela Fertig & Christina Paxson, 2004. "The Lasting Impact of Childhood Health and Circumstance," Working Papers 246, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Suzanne Duryea, 1998.
"Children's Advancement Through School in Brazil: The Role of Transitory Shocks to Household Income,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
1139, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Suzanne Duryea, 1998. "Children's Advancement Through School in Brazil: The Role of Transitory Shocks to Household Income," Research Department Publications 4124, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Sascha O. Becker & Marco Caliendo, 2007.
"Sensitivity analysis for average treatment effects,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 7(1), pages 71-83, February.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Caliendo, Marco, 2007. "mhbounds – Sensitivity Analysis for Average Treatment Effects," IZA Discussion Papers 2542, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- World Bank, 2011. "The Jobs Crisis : Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2287, March.
- Lokshin, Michael M. & Yemtsov, Ruslan, 2001. "Household strategies for coping with poverty and social exclusion in post-crisis Russia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2556, The World Bank.
- Thomas, Duncan & Beegle, Kathleen & Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Sikoki, Bondan & Strauss, John & Teruel, Graciela, 2004. "Education in a crisis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 53-85, June.
- Emmanuel Skoufias & Susan Parker, 2006. "Job loss and family adjustments in work and schooling during the Mexican peso crisis," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 19(1), pages 163-181, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ajwad, Mohamed Ihsan & Haimovich, Francisco & Azam, Mehtabul, 2012. "Simulating the impact of the 2009 financial crisis on welfare in Latvia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5960, The World Bank.
- Nikoloski, Zlatko & Ajwad, Mohamed Ihsan, 2013. "Do economic crises lead to health and nutrition behavior responses ? analysis using longitudinal data from Russia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6538, The World Bank.
- Otker-Robe, Inci & Podpiera, Anca Maria, 2013. "The social impact of financial crises: evidence from the global financial crisis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6703, The World Bank.
- Ziv Chinzara & Radhika Lahiri, 2012. "Financial Intermediation and Costly Technology Adoption under Uncertainty: A Political Economy Perspective," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 295, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring&Evaluation; Health Systems Development&Reform; Labor Policies; Inequality; Debt Markets;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2012-01-10 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2012-01-10 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5926. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .