The adding-up problem : strategies for primary commodity exports in sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Lewis, Jeffrey & Robinson, Sherman, 1991. "External Shocks, Purchasing Power Parity, and the Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate," CUDARE Working Papers 198587, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Takamasa Akiyama, 1992. "Is there a case for an optimal export tax on perennial crops?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 854, The World Bank.
- R. K. Lindner & F. G. Jarrett, 1978. "Supply Shifts and the Size of Research Benefits," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 60(1), pages 48-58.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raymond B Swaray, "undated". "Volatility of primary commodity prices: some evidence from agricultural exports in Sub-Saharan Africa," Discussion Papers 02/06, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Christopher L. Gilbert & Panos Varangis, 2003. "Globalization and International Commodity Trade with Specific Reference to the West African Cocoa Producers," NBER Working Papers 9668, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pascal Monier, 1998. "Ajustement structurel et modification de la structure d'exportations primaires des pays en développement," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 39(156), pages 793-817.
- Takamasa Akiyama & Akihiko Nishio, 1996. "Indonesia's cocoa boom : hands-off policy encourages smallholder dynamism," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1580, The World Bank.
- Kala Krishna, 1998. "The adding up problem: a targeting approach," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 151-173.
- Alessandro De Matteis, 2004. "International trade and economic growth in a global environment," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 575-588.
- Larson, Donald F., 1996. "Indonesia's palm oil subsector," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1654, The World Bank.
- Cashin, Paul & McDermott, C. John & Pattillo, Catherine, 2004.
"Terms of trade shocks in Africa: are they short-lived or long-lived?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 727-744, April.
- Paul Cashin & Catherine A Pattillo, 2000. "Terms of Trade Shocks in Africa; Are they Short-Lived or Long-Lived?," IMF Working Papers 00/72, International Monetary Fund.
- Yilmaz, K., 1999. "Nash and Stackelberg Optimum Export Taxes," Papers 99/04, Koc University.
- Christopher Gilbert & Panos Varangis, 2004. "Globalization and International Commodity Trade with Specific Reference to the West African Cocoa Producers," NBER Chapters,in: Challenges to Globalization: Analyzing the Economics, pages 131-166 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Permani, Risti, 2013. "Optimal Export Tax Rates of Cocoa Beans: A Vector Error Correction Model Approach," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 57(4), pages 1-22.
- Olga Solleder, 2013. "Panel Export Taxes (PET) Dataset: New Data on Export Tax Rates," IHEID Working Papers 07-2013, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Nanae Yabuki & Takamasa Akiyama, 1996. "Is commodity-dependence pessimism justified? Critical factors and government policies that characterize dynamic commodity sectors," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1600, The World Bank.
- Parikh, Ashok, 2002. "Impact of Liberalization, Economic Growth and Trade Policies on Current Accounts of Developing Countries: An Econometric Study," WIDER Working Paper Series 063, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Pop Larisa Nicoleta, 2015. "Assessing The Governance For Commodity Price Stabilization - A Retrospective Look," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 504-513, July.
- Varangis, Panos & Larson, Don, 1996. "Dealing with commodity price uncertainty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1667, The World Bank.
- Kamil Yilmaz, 2006. "How much should primary commodity exports be taxed? Nash and Stackelberg equilibria in the Global Cocoa Market," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 1-26.
- V. Dhanya, 2008. "Liberalisation of tropical commodity market and adding-up problem: A Bound test approach," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 399, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies; Crops&Crop Management Systems; Access to Markets; Markets and Market Access;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1245. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.