The adding up problem: a targeting approach
This paper looks at the problem of making multiple lending decisions which affect the supply of the product when the consequences of these lending decisions are interrelated via the effect on the world price of the product. This is termed the 'adding up problem'. It is argued that thinking of this problem from the point of view of the targeting literature helps to clarify the nature of optimal polices.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 7 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RJTE20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RJTE20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Besley, Timothy, 1997.
"Monopsony and Time-Consistency: Sustainable Pricing Policies for Perennial Crops,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 57-70, February.
- Besley, T., 1992. "Monopsony and Time-Consistency : Sustainable Pricing Policies for Perennial Grops," Papers 159, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Krishna, Kala & Thursby, Marie, 1991.
"Optimal policies with strategic distortions,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3-4), pages 291-308, November.
- Krishna, K. & Thursby, M., 1991. "Optimal Polocies with Strategic Distortions," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1004, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Kala Krishna & Marie Thursby, 1988. "Optimal Policies with Strategic Distortions," NBER Working Papers 2527, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Will Martin, 1993. "The Fallacy of Composition and Developing Country Exports of Manufactures," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 159-172, 03.
- Takamasa Akiyama, 1992. "Is there a case for an optimal export tax on perennial crops?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 854, The World Bank.
- Krishna, Kala & Thursby, Marie, 1992. "Optimal policies and marketing board objectives," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Tower, Edward, 1977. "Ranking the optimum tariff and the maximum revenue tariff," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 73-79, February.
- Akiyama, Takamasa & Larson, Donald F. & DEC, 1994. "The adding-up problem : strategies for primary commodity exports in sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1245, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jitecd:v:7:y:1998:i:2:p:151-173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.