The adding up problem: a targeting approach
This paper looks at the problem of making multiple lending decisions which affect the supply of the product when the consequences of these lending decisions are interrelated via the effect on the world price of the product. This is termed the 'adding up problem'. It is argued that thinking of this problem from the point of view of the targeting literature helps to clarify the nature of optimal polices.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 7 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RJTE20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RJTE20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Takamasa Akiyama, 1992. "Is there a case for an optimal export tax on perennial crops?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 854, The World Bank.
- Besley, T., 1992.
"Monopsony and Time-Consistency : Sustainable Pricing Policies for Perennial Grops,"
159, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Besley, Timothy, 1997. "Monopsony and Time-Consistency: Sustainable Pricing Policies for Perennial Crops," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 57-70, February.
- Tower, Edward, 1977. "Ranking the optimum tariff and the maximum revenue tariff," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 73-79, February.
- Krishna, K. & Thursby, M., 1991.
"Optimal Polocies with Strategic Distortions,"
Purdue University Economics Working Papers
1004, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Will Martin, 1993. "The Fallacy of Composition and Developing Country Exports of Manufactures," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 159-172, 03.
- Krishna, Kala & Thursby, Marie, 1992. "Optimal policies and marketing board objectives," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Akiyama, Takamasa & Larson, Donald F. & DEC, 1994. "The adding-up problem : strategies for primary commodity exports in sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1245, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jitecd:v:7:y:1998:i:2:p:151-173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.