Deep Wells and Prudence : Towards Pragmatic Action for Addressing Groundwater Overexploitation in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Molle, Francois & Berkoff, J., 2007. "Irrigation water pricing: the gap between theory and practice," IWMI Books, Reports H040645, International Water Management Institute.
- Shah, Tushaar & Molden, David J. & Sakthivadivel, Ramasamy & Seckler, David, 2000. "The global groundwater situation: overview of opportunities and challenges," IWMI Books, International Water Management Institute, number 113506.
- Dreze, Jean & Sen, Amartya, 2002. "India: Development and Participation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780199257492.
- World Bank, 2005. "India : India's Water Economy, Bracing for a Turbulent Future," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8413, The World Bank.
- R. Maria Saleth, 1994. "Groundwater Markets in India: A Legal and Institutional Perspective," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 29(2), pages 157-176, July.
- Dossani, Rafiq & Ranganathan, V., 2004. "Farmers' willingness to pay for power in India: conceptual issues, survey results and implications for pricing," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 359-369, May.
- Landes, Maurice R. & Jha, Shikha & Srinivasan, P.V., 2007. "Indian Wheat and Rice Sector Policies and the Implications of Reform," Economic Research Report 6386, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Kumar, M. Dinesh, 2005. "Impact of electricity prices and volumetric water allocation on energy and groundwater demand management:: analysis from Western India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 39-51, January.
- Shah, T. & Molden, D. & Sakthivadivel, R. & Seckler, D., 2000. "The global groundwater situation: overview of opportunities and challenges," IWMI Books, Reports H025885, International Water Management Institute.
- Anonymous & Berkoff, Jeremy, 2007. "Irrigation water pricing: the gap between theory and practice," IWMI Books, International Water Management Institute, number 137957.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Strand, Jon, 2012.
"Low-level versus high-level equilibrium in public utility services,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 163-172.
- Strand, Jon, 2011. "Low-level versus high-level equilibrium in public utility service," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5723, The World Bank.
- Sidhu, R.S. & Vatta, Kamal & Lall, Upmanu, 2011. "Climate Change Impact and Management Strategies for Sustainable Water-Energy-Agriculture Outcomes in Punjab," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 66(3).
- Richard-Ferroudji Audrey & Nicolas Faysse & Zhour Bouzidi & Menon Ragunath & Jean-Daniel Rinaudo, 2016. "Proposal COSUST Special Issue « Co-designing Research on Social Transformations to Sustainability » Title: The DIALAQ project on sustainable groundwater management: a transdisciplinary and transcultur," Post-Print hal-01378517, HAL.
- Venkatachalam ANBUMOZHI & Ponciano S. INTAL, Jr., 2015. "Can Thinking Green and Sustainability Be an Economic Opportunity for ASEAN?," Working Papers DP-2015-66, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Joko Mariyono, 2009.
"Technological and Institutional Changes in the Indonesian Rice Sector: From Intensification to Sustainable Revitalization,"
Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development,
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 6(2), pages 125-144, December.
- Mariyono, Joko, 2. "Technological and Institutional Changes in the Indonesian Rice Sector: From Intensification to Sustainable Revitalization," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 6(2).
- Howes, Stephen & Wyrwoll, Paul, 2012. "Asia’s Wicked Environmental Problems," ADBI Working Papers 348, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Marcus Wijnen & Benedicte Augeard & Bradley Hiller & Christopher Ward & Patrick Huntjens, 2012. "Managing the Invisible : Understanding and Improving Groundwater Governance," World Bank Other Operational Studies 17228, The World Bank.
- Mahfuzur Khan & Clifford Voss & Winston Yu & Holly Michael, 2014. "Water Resources Management in the Ganges Basin: A Comparison of Three Strategies for Conjunctive Use of Groundwater and Surface Water," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 28(5), pages 1235-1250, March.
- Héctor Garduño & Saleem Romani & Buba Sengupta & Albert Tuinhof & Richard Davis, 2011. "India Groundwater Governance Case Study," World Bank Other Operational Studies 17242, The World Bank.
- Siwa Msangi & Sarah Ann Cline, 2016. "Improving Groundwater Management for Indian Agriculture: Assessing Tradeoffs Across Policy Instruments," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(03), pages 1-33, September.
- Mihir Shah, 2016. "Urban Water Systems in India: A Way Forward," Working Papers id:10936, eSocialSciences.
- Kimmich, Christian, 2013. "Linking action situations: Coordination, conflicts, and evolution in electricity provision for irrigation in Andhra Pradesh, India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 150-158.
- Selvaraj, K.N., 2. "Risk Management Strategies for Drought-Prone Rice Cultivation: A Case Study of Tamil Nadu, India," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 6(2).
More about this item
KeywordsWater Supply and Sanitation - Water Supply and Systems Water Supply and Sanitation - Water Supply and Sanitation Governance and Institutions Water Resources - Water and Industry Water Resources - Water Use Environment - Environmental Economics & Policies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wboper:2835. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .