Restructuring the Electricity Industry: Vertical Structure and the Risk of Rent Extraction
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Boom, Anette & Buehler, Stefan, 2014. "Restructuring the Electricity Industry: Vertical Structure and the Risk of Rent Extraction," Working Papers 02-2014, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Boom, Anette, 2008. "Equilibrium Selection with Risk Dominance in a Multiple-unit Unit Price Auction," Working Papers 02-2008, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Castro-Rodriguez, Fidel & Marín, Pedro L. & Siotis, Georges, 2009.
"Capacity choices in liberalised electricity markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2574-2581, July.
- Castro-Rodriguez, Fidel & Marín Uribe, Pedro Luis & Siotis, Georges, 2001. "Capacity Choices in Liberalized Electricity Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 2998, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stefan Buehler & Armin Schmutzler, 2004. "Intimidating Competitors ï¿½ Endogenous Vertical Integration and Downstream Investment in Successive Oligopoly," SOI - Working Papers 0409, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich, revised Jul 2005.
- Nils-Henrik M. von der Fehr & Petter Vegard Hansen, 2010.
"Electricity Retailing in Norway,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 25-46.
- von der Fehr, Nils-Henrik M. & Hansen, Petter Vegard, 2008. "Electricity Retailing in Norway," Memorandum 02/2009, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Nils-Henrik M. Von Der Fehr & Petter Vegard Hansen, 2009. "Electricity Retailing in Norway," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 4, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Nils-Henrik M. Von Der Fehr & Petter Vegard Hansen, 2009. "Electricity Retailing in Norway," RSCAS Working Papers 2009/04, European University Institute.
- John Kwoka & Michael Pollitt & Sanem Sergici, 2010.
"Divestiture policy and operating efficiency in U.S. electric power distribution,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 86-109, August.
- Kwoka, J. & Ozturk, S. & Pollitt, M.G., 2008. "Divestiture Policy and Operating Efficiency in U.S. Electric Power Distribution," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0835, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Anette Boom, "undated". "Investments in Electricity Generation Capacity under Different Market Structures with Price Responsive Demand," Papers 016, Departmental Working Papers.
- Severin Borenstein & James. Bushnell & Steven Stoft, 2000.
"The Competitive Effects of Transmission Capacity in A Deregulated Electricity Industry,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(2), pages 294-325, Summer.
- Severin Borenstein & James Bushnell & Steven Stoft, 1997. "The Competitive Effects of Transmission Capacity in a Deregulated Electricity Industry," NBER Working Papers 6293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berenstein, Severin & Bushnell, James & Stoft, Steven, 2000. "The Competitive Effects of Transmission Capacity in a Deregulated Electricity Industry," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13145, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Boom, Anette, 2009.
"Vertically integrated firms' investments in electricity generating capacities,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 544-551, July.
- Anette Boom, 2007. "Vertically Integrated Firms' Investments in Electricity Generating Capacities," CIE Discussion Papers 2007-14, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Bosco, Bruno & Parisio, Lucia & Pelagatti, Matteo, 2012. "Strategic bidding in vertically integrated power markets with an application to the Italian electricity auctions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2046-2057.
- Buehler Stefan & Schmutzler Armin, 2005. "Asymmetric Vertical Integration," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-27, January.
- de Frutos, María-Ángeles & Fabra, Natalia, 2012. "How to allocate forward contracts: The case of electricity markets," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 451-469.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity; Investments; Generating Capacities; Vertical Integration; Monopoly and Competition;
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-12-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2014-12-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENE-2014-12-29 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2014-12-29 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usg:econwp:2014:37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Flockerzi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vwasgch.html .