The Direct Costs and Benefits of US Electric Utility Divestitures
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Triebs, T.P. & Pollitt, M.G. & Kwoka, J.E., 2010. "The Direct Costs and Benefits of US Electric Utility Divestitures," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1049, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Kwoka & Michael Pollitt & Sanem Sergici, 2010.
"Divestiture policy and operating efficiency in U.S. electric power distribution,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 86-109, August.
- Kwoka, J. & Ozturk, S. & Pollitt, M.G., 2008. "Divestiture Policy and Operating Efficiency in U.S. Electric Power Distribution," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0835, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Kaserman, David L & Mayo, John W, 1991. "The Measurement of Vertical Economies and the Efficient Structure of the Electric Utility Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(5), pages 483-502, September.
- Sappington, David E. M. & Pfeifenberger, Johannes P. & Hanser, Philip & Basheda, Gregory N., 2001. "The State of Performance-Based Regulation in the U.S. Electric Utility Industry," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(8), pages 71-79, October.
- Kwoka, John E., 2002. "Vertical economies in electric power: evidence on integration and its alternatives," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 653-671, May.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Michael Maloney, 2001. "Economies and Diseconomies: Estimating Electricity Cost Functions," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 19(2), pages 165-180, September.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1996. "Competition and Corporate Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(4), pages 724-746, August.
- Delmas, Magali & Tokat, Yesim, 2003. "Deregulation Process, Governance Structures and Efficiency: The U.S. Electric Utility Sector," Research Papers 1790, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Teece, David J., 1980. "Economies of scope and the scope of the enterprise," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 223-247, September.
- Pablo Arocena & David S. Saal & Tim Coelli, 2012. "Vertical and Horizontal Scope Economies in the Regulated U . S . Electric Power Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 434-467, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pollitt, Michael G., 2012.
"The role of policy in energy transitions: Lessons from the energy liberalisation era,"
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 128-137.
- Pollitt, M. G., 2012. "The role of policy in energy transitions: lessons from the energy liberalisation era," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1216, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pollitt, Michael G. & Steer, Steven J., 2012.
"Economies of scale and scope in network industries: Lessons for the UK water and sewerage sectors,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 17-31.
- Pollitt, M. J. & Steer, S. J., 2011. "Economies of Scale and Scope in Network Industries: Lessons for the UK water and sewerage sectors," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1152, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
Keywordsdivestiture; economies of scope; electric utilities;
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cam:camdae:1543. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Dyer). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.