Divestiture Policy and Operating Efficiency in U.S. Electric Power Distribution
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- John Kwoka & Michael Pollitt & Sanem Sergici, 2010. "Divestiture policy and operating efficiency in U.S. electric power distribution," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 86-109, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Myeong-Hyeon Cho & Mark A. Cohen, 1997. "The economic causes and consequences of corporate divestiture," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 367-374.
- Nemoto, Jiro & Goto, Mika, 2004. "Technological externalities and economies of vertical integration in the electric utility industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 67-81, January.
- James B. Bushnell & Erin T. Mansur & Celeste Saravia, 2008.
"Vertical Arrangements, Market Structure, and Competition: An Analysis of Restructured US Electricity Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 237-266.
- James B. Bushnell & Erin T. Mansur & Celeste Saravia, 2007. "Vertical Arrangements, Market Structure, and Competition An Analysis of Restructured U.S. Electricity Markets," NBER Working Papers 13507, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bushnell, James & Mansur, Erin T. & Saravia, Celeste, 2008. "Vertical Arrangements, Market Structure and Competition: An Analysis of Restructured U.S. Electricity Markets," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13130, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Chen, Andrew H & Merville, Larry J, 1986. " An Analysis of Divestiture Effects Resulting from Deregulation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(5), pages 997-1010, December.
- Delmas, Magali & Tokat, Yesim, 2003. "Deregulation Process, Governance Structures and Efficiency: The U.S. Electric Utility Sector," Research Papers 1790, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Carrington, Roger & Coelli, Tim & Groom, Eric, 2002. "International Benchmarking for Monopoly Price Regulation: The Case of Australian Gas Distribution," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 191-216, March.
- Kaserman, David L & Mayo, John W, 1991. "The Measurement of Vertical Economies and the Efficient Structure of the Electric Utility Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(5), pages 483-502, September.
- Toru Hattori & Tooraj Jamasb & Michael Pollitt, 2005. "Electricity Distribution in the UK and Japan: A Comparative Efficiency Analysis 1985-1998," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 23-48.
- Machiel Mulder & Victoria Shestalova & Mark Lijesen, 2005. "Vertical separation of the energy-distribution industry; an assessment of several options for unbundling," CPB Document 84, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Giovanni Fraquelli & Massimiliano Piacenza & Davide Vannoni, 2005. "Cost Savings From Generation and Distribution with an Application to Italian Electric Utilities," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 289-308, November.
- Mansur, Erin T, 2007. "Upstream Competition and Vertical Integration in Electricity Markets," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(1), pages 125-156, February.
- Kwoka, John E., 2002. "Vertical economies in electric power: evidence on integration and its alternatives," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 653-671, May.
- Lee, Byung-Joo, 1995. "Separability Test for the Electricity Supply Industry," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 49-60, Jan.-Marc.
- Newbery, D.M. & Pollitt, M.G., 1996. "The Restructuring and Privatisation of the CEGB: Was It Worth It?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9607, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2000. "Benchmarking and regulation: international electricity experience," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 107-130, September.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael, 2003. "International benchmarking and regulation: an application to European electricity distribution utilities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(15), pages 1609-1622, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Yuan, Yan & Goto, Mika, 2017. "A literature study for DEA applied to energy and environment," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 104-124.
- Boom, Anette & Buehler, Stefan, 2014.
"Restructuring the Electricity Industry: Vertical Structure and the Risk of Rent Extraction,"
02-2014, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Buehler, Stefan & Boom, Anette, 2014. "Restructuring the Electricity Industry: Vertical Structure and the Risk of Rent Extraction," Economics Working Paper Series 1437, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Kury, Theodore J., 2015. "The impact of coordination on wholesale market participation: The case of the U.S. electricity industry," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 38-44.
- Paul Nillesen & Michael Pollitt, 2011.
"Ownership Unbundling in Electricity Distribution: Empirical Evidence from New Zealand,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 38(1), pages 61-93, January.
- Nillesen, P. & Pollitt, M.G., 2008. "Ownership unbundling in electricity distribution: empircal evidence from New Zealand," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0836, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Theodore Kury, 2013. "Price effects of independent transmission system operators in the United States electricity market," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 147-167, April.
- Pollitt, Michael G. & Steer, Steven J., 2012.
"Economies of scale and scope in network industries: Lessons for the UK water and sewerage sectors,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 17-31.
- Pollitt, M. J. & Steer, S. J., 2011. "Economies of Scale and Scope in Network Industries: Lessons for the UK water and sewerage sectors," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1152, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Triebs, T.P. & Pollitt, M.G. & Kwoka, J.E., 2010.
"The Direct Costs and Benefits of US Electric Utility Divestitures,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1049, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Thomas P. Triebs & Michael G. Pollitt, 2015. "The Direct Costs and Benefits of US Electric Utility Divestitures," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1543, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
KeywordsDivestiture; electricity distribution; efficiency analysis;
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2008-09-05 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENE-2008-09-05 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cam:camdae:0835. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Dyer). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/ .