Capacity Choices in Liberalized Electricity Markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Castro-Rodriguez, Fidel & Marín, Pedro L. & Siotis, Georges, 2009. "Capacity choices in liberalised electricity markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2574-2581, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean J. Gabszewicz & Sougata Poddar, 1997.
"Demand fluctuations and capacity utilization under duopoly,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 10(1), pages 131-146.
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & PODDAR , Sougata, 1995. "Demand Fluctuations and Capacity Utilization under Duopoly," CORE Discussion Papers 1995051, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gabszewicz, J.J. & Poddar, S., 1997. "Demand fluctuations and capacity utilization under duopoly," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1269, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Veronika Grimm & Gregor Zoettl, 2006. "Capacity Choice under Uncertainty: The Impact of Market Structure," Working Paper Series in Economics 23, University of Cologne, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lachman, Daniël A., 2011. "Leapfrog to the future: Energy scenarios and strategies for Suriname to 2050," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5035-5044, September.
- John FitzGerald, 2002. "The Irish Energy Market - Putting the Customer First," Papers WP145, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Boom, Anette & Buehler, Stefan, 2014.
"Restructuring the Electricity Industry: Vertical Structure and the Risk of Rent Extraction,"
02-2014, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Buehler, Stefan & Boom, Anette, 2014. "Restructuring the Electricity Industry: Vertical Structure and the Risk of Rent Extraction," Economics Working Paper Series 1437, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Moreno, Fermín & Martínez-Val, José M., 2011. "Collateral effects of renewable energies deployment in Spain: Impact on thermal power plants performance and management," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6561-6574, October.
- Sherzod Tashpulatov & Lubomir Lizal, 2012. "Can Producers Apply a Capacity Cutting Strategy to Increase Prices? The Case of the England and Wales Electricity Market," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp465, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Anette Boom & Stefan Buehler, 2007. "Restructuring Electricity Markets when Demand is Uncertain: Effects on Capacity Investments, Prices and Welfare," CIE Discussion Papers 2007-09, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Aitor Ciarreta & María Espinosa, 2010.
"Market power in the Spanish electricity auction,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 42-69, February.
- Aitor Ciarreta & María Paz Espinosa, 2003. "Market Power In The Spanish Wholesale Electricity Market," Working Papers. Serie AD 2003-22, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Ciarreta Antuñano, Aitor & Espinosa Alejos, María Paz, 2005. "Market Power in the Spanish Electricity Auction," DFAEII Working Papers 2005-04, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Aitor Ciarreta & María Paz Espinosa, 2006. "Demand Elasticity and Market Power in the Spanish Electricity Market," Working Papers 0606, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Jun 2006.
- Steven Brakman & Charles van Marrewijk & Arjen van Witteloostuijn, 2009.
"Market Liberalization in the European Natural Gas Market - The Importance of Capacity Constraints and Efficiency Differences,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2697, CESifo Group Munich.
- S. Brakman & J.G.M. van Marrewijk & A. van Witteloostuijn, 2009. "Market liberalization in the European Natural Gas Market : The importance of capacity constraints and efficiency differences," Working Papers 09-15, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Lízal, Lubomír M. & Tashpulatov, Sherzod N., 2014. "Do producers apply a capacity cutting strategy to increase prices? The case of the England and Wales electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 114-124.
- Perez, Eloy, 2007. "A model of vertical integration and investment in generation capacity in electricity markets: The case of the bidding game," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 272-290, December.
- Anette Boom, "undated". "Investments in Electricity Generation Capacity under Different Market Structures with Price Responsive Demand," Papers 016, Departmental Working Papers.
- Boom, Anette, 2009.
"Vertically integrated firms' investments in electricity generating capacities,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 544-551, July.
- Anette Boom, 2007. "Vertically Integrated Firms' Investments in Electricity Generating Capacities," CIE Discussion Papers 2007-14, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Foster, John & Wagner, Liam & Liebman, Ariel, 2015. "Modelling the Electricity and Natural Gas Sectors for the Future Grid: Developing Co-Optimisation Platforms for Market Redesign," MPRA Paper 70114, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Serra, Pablo, 2013. "Contract market power and its impact on the efficiency of the electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 653-662.
- Arellano, Maria-Soledad & Serra, Pablo, 2007. "A model of market power in electricity industries subject to peak load pricing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 5130-5135, October.
More about this item
Keywordscapacity; electricity; liberalization; long-run investment; regulation;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:2998. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.