Can Producers Apply a Capacity Cutting Strategy to Increase Prices? The Case of the England and Wales Electricity Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Castro-Rodriguez, Fidel & Marín, Pedro L. & Siotis, Georges, 2009.
"Capacity choices in liberalised electricity markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2574-2581, July.
- Castro-Rodriguez, Fidel & Marín Uribe, Pedro Luis & Siotis, Georges, 2001. "Capacity Choices in Liberalized Electricity Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 2998, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Crawford, Gregory S. & Crespo, Joseph & Tauchen, Helen, 2007. "Bidding asymmetries in multi-unit auctions: Implications of bid function equilibria in the British spot market for electricity," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1233-1268, December.
- Fridolfsson, Sven-Olof & Tangerås, Thomas P., 2009. "Market power in the Nordic electricity wholesale market: A survey of the empirical evidence," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3681-3692, September.
- SANIN, Maria Eugenia, 2006. "Market design in wholesale electricity markets," CORE Discussion Papers 2006100, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- von der Fehr, Nils-Henrik Morch & Harbord, David, 1993.
"Spot Market Competition in the UK Electricity Industry,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(418), pages 531-546, May.
- Von der Fehr, N.H.M. & Harbord, D., 1992. "Spot Market Competition in the UK Electricity Industry," Memorandum 09/1992, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordscapacity bids; electricity prices; uniform price auction; regulation;
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2012-07-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENE-2012-07-29 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-HME-2012-07-29 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cer:papers:wp465. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jana Koudelkova). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eiacacz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.