Price Spikes in Electricity Markets: A Strategic Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Natalia Fabra & Nils‐Henrik Fehr & David Harbord, 2006. "Designing electricity auctions," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(1), pages 23-46, March.
- Emmanuel Dechenaux & Dan Kovenock, 2007.
"Tacit collusion and capacity withholding in repeated uniform price auctions,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 38(4), pages 1044-1069, December.
- Emmanuel Dechenaux & Dan Kovenock, 2005. "Tacit Collusion and Capacity Withholding in Repeated Uniform Price Auctions," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 645.05, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Dechenaux, Emmanuel & Kovenock, Dan, 2007. "Tacit collusion and capacity withholding in repeated uniform price auctions," MPRA Paper 36764, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dechenaux, Emmanuel & Kovenock, Dan, 2005. "Tacit Collusion and Capacity Withholding in Repeated Uniform Price Auctions," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1174, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Dechenaux, Emmanuel & Kovenock, Dan, 2005. "Tacit Collusion and Capacity Withholding in Repeated Uniform Price Auctions," Working Paper Series 636, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Crawford, Gregory S. & Crespo, Joseph & Tauchen, Helen, 2007. "Bidding asymmetries in multi-unit auctions: Implications of bid function equilibria in the British spot market for electricity," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1233-1268, December.
- Brennan, Donna & Melanie, Jane, 1998. "Market power in the Australian power market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 121-133, April.
- John Foster & Melvin J. Hinich & Phillip Wild, 2008.
"Randomly Modulated Periodic Signals in Australias National Electricity Market,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 105-130.
- John Foster & Melvin Hinich & Phillip Wild, 2008. "Randomly Modulated Periodic Signals in Australias National Electricity Market," Energy Economics and Management Group Working Papers 2-2008, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Ali Hortaçsu & Steven L. Puller, 2008. "Understanding strategic bidding in multi-unit auctions: a case study of the Texas electricity spot market," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 39(1), pages 86-114.
- von der Fehr, Nils-Henrik Morch & Harbord, David, 1993.
"Spot Market Competition in the UK Electricity Industry,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(418), pages 531-546, May.
- Von der Fehr, N.H.M. & Harbord, D., 1992. "Spot Market Competition in the UK Electricity Industry," Memorandum 09/1992, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Holmberg, Par, 2008.
"Unique supply function equilibrium with capacity constraints,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 148-172, January.
- Holmberg, Pär, 2004. "Unique Supply Function Equilibrium with Capacity Constraints," Working Paper Series 2004:20, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Timothy Christensen & Stan Hurn & Kenneth Lindsay, 2009.
"It Never Rains but it Pours: Modeling the Persistence of Spikes in Electricity Prices,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 25-48.
- T M Christensen & A S Hurn & K A Lindsay, 2008. "It never rains but it pours: Modelling the persistence of spikes in electricity prices," NCER Working Paper Series 25, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Wild, Phillip & Hinich, Melvin J. & Foster, John, 2010.
"Are daily and weekly load and spot price dynamics in Australia's National Electricity Market governed by episodic nonlinearity?,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1082-1091, September.
- Phillip Wild & Melvin J. Hinich & John Foster, 2008. "Are Daily and Weekly Load and Spot Price Dynamics in Australia’s National Electricity Market Governed by Episodic Nonlinearity?," Discussion Papers Series 368, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Green, Richard J & Newbery, David M, 1992.
"Competition in the British Electricity Spot Market,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 929-953, October.
- Green, Richard & Newbery, David M G, 1991. "Competition in the British Electricity Spot Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 557, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- E. Bompard & Y. C. Ma & E. Ragazzi, 2006.
"Micro-economic analysis of the physical constrained markets: game theory application to competitive electricity markets,"
The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems,
Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 50(1), pages 153-160, March.
- Ettore Bompard & Yuchao Ma & Elena Ragazzi, 2005. "Micro-economic Analysis of the Physical Constrained Markets: Game Theory Application to Competitive Electricity Markets," Papers physics/0512210, arXiv.org.
- de Frutos, Maria-Angeles & Fabra, Natalia, 2008. "On the Impact of Forward Contract Obligations in Multi-Unit Auctions," CEPR Discussion Papers 6756, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Klemperer, Paul D & Meyer, Margaret A, 1989. "Supply Function Equilibria in Oligopoly under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1243-1277, November.
- Andrew Sweeting, 2004. "Market Power in the England and Wales Wholesale Electricity," Working Papers 0413, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity Markets; Spot Price Behaviour; Non-Cooperative Game Theory.;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- Q47 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy Forecasting
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2010-12-23 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2010-12-23 (Game Theory)
- NEP-IND-2010-12-23 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uqeemg:05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eemuqau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.