The Irish Energy Market - Putting the Customer First
Some of the key factors driving change in the energy market are considered. These include, firstly, the pressures arising from the rapid growth of the economy, resulting in significant infrastructure shortages. The second factor that will drive change over the coming decade is the need to prepare the economy to comply with the requirements of the Kyoto protocol on tackling the problem of global warming. Finally, this paper looks at how the market structure needs to change to deliver efficient and cheap energy to consumers over the coming decade is considered.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Whitaker Square, Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2|
Phone: (353-1) 863 2000
Fax: (353-1) 863 2100
Web page: http://www.esri.ie
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Newbery, David M., 2002. "Problems of liberalising the electricity industry," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(4-5), pages 919-927, May.
- Conniffe, Denis & McCoy, Daniel, 1993. "Energy Elasticity Estimates and the Stability of the Relationship with GDP," Book Chapters, in: FitzGerald, John (ed.), Issues in Irish Energy Policy Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Bergin, Adele & Cullen, Joe & Duffy, David & FitzGerald, John & Kearney, Ide & McCoy, Daniel, 2003. "Medium-Term Review 2003-2010, No. 9," Forecasting Report, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number MTR09, December.
- Castro-Rodriguez, Fidel & Marín, Pedro L. & Siotis, Georges, 2009.
"Capacity choices in liberalised electricity markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2574-2581, July.
- Castro-Rodriguez, Fidel & Marín Uribe, Pedro Luis & Siotis, Georges, 2001. "Capacity Choices in Liberalized Electricity Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 2998, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esr:wpaper:wp145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.