A Model for Forecasting Energy Demand and Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Ireland
This paper briefly outlines the methodology used to develop a new model of energy demand. It contains a description of the model equations used to determine the sectoral demand for energy. It details the set of engineering relationships in the electricity generation block, while then detailing the determination of carbon dioxide (CO2) emission levels. It then outlines the links between this energy model and the main HERMES macroeconomic model. It looks at the performance of the energy model within sample, and contains some preliminary estimates of the links between energy prices and taxes and the level of carbon dioxide emissions. Appendix 1 details the notation used in the databank, while Appendix 2 lists the full set of equations included in the current version of the energy model.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Whitaker Square, Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2|
Phone: (353-1) 863 2000
Fax: (353-1) 863 2100
Web page: http://www.esri.ie
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Conniffe, Denis & McCoy, Daniel, 1993. "Energy Elasticity Estimates and the Stability of the Relationship with GDP," Book Chapters, in: FitzGerald, John (ed.), Issues in Irish Energy Policy Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Bergin, Adele & Cullen, Joe & Duffy, David & FitzGerald, John & Kearney, Ide & McCoy, Daniel, 2003. "Medium-Term Review 2003-2010, No. 9," Forecasting Report, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number MTR09, April.
- Duffy, David & FitzGerald, John & Kearney, Ide & Smyth, Diarmaid, 1999. "Medium-Term Review 1999-2005, No. 7," Forecasting Report, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number MTR07, April.
- Conniffe, Denis & Scott, Susan, 1990. "Energy Elasticities: Responsiveness of Demands for Fuels to Income and Price Changes," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number GRS149.
- John FitzGerald, 2000. "Energy Demand to 2015," Papers WP136, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Haas, Reinhard & Schipper, Lee, 1998. "Residential energy demand in OECD-countries and the role of irreversible efficiency improvements," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 421-442, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esr:wpaper:wp146. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.