Access to Commitment Devices Reduces Investment Incentives in Oligopoly
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cramton, Peter & Stoft, Steven, 2005. "A Capacity Market that Makes Sense," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(7), pages 43-54.
- Mahenc, P. & Salanie, F., 2004. "Softening competition through forward trading," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 282-293, June.
- David M. Newbery, 1998.
"Competition, Contracts, and Entry in the Electricity Spot Market,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(4), pages 726-749, Winter.
- Newbery, D. M., 1997. "Competition, Contracts and Entry in the Electricity Spot Market," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9707, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Jean J. Gabszewicz & Sougata Poddar, 1997.
"Demand fluctuations and capacity utilization under duopoly,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 10(1), pages 131-146.
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & PODDAR , Sougata, 1995. "Demand Fluctuations and Capacity Utilization under Duopoly," CORE Discussion Papers 1995051, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gabszewicz, J.J. & Poddar, S., 1997. "Demand fluctuations and capacity utilization under duopoly," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1269, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bushnell, James, 2005. "Electricity Resource Adequacy: Matching Policies and Goals," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 11-21, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Filomena, Tiago Pascoal & Campos-Náñez, Enrique & Duffey, Michael Robert, 2014. "Technology selection and capacity investment under uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 232(1), pages 125-136.
- Dressler, Luisa, 2016.
"Support schemes for renewable electricity in the European Union: Producer strategies and competition,"
Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 186-196.
- Luisa Dressler, 2014. "Support Schemes for Renewable Electricity in the European Union: Producer Strategies and Competition," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2014-54, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Guy Meunier, 2011. "Imperfect Competition and Long-term Contracts in Electricity Markets: Some Lessons from Theoretical Models," Chapters,in: Competition, Contracts and Electricity Markets, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Scholz, Sebastian, 2010. "Derivatives and Default Risk," Discussion Papers in Economics 11317, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsInvestment incentives; commitment devices; oligopoly; demand fluctuations; forward markets;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-06-17 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MIC-2006-06-17 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kls:series:0025. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kiryl Khalmetski). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/swkoede.html .