Termination Charges in the International Parcel Market
This paper explains the potentially excessive termination charges and low quality levels in the international parcel market with a stylized game theoretic model. Within this model it is possible to elaborate the distortions currently in place. The model incorporates quality to account for empirical findings on consumer preferences which indicate that quality of service is a crucial issue in the international parcel market.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Benz, Men-Andri & Bühler, Stefan & Schmutzler, Armin, 2003.
"Infrastructure Quality in Deregulated Industries: Is there an Underinvestment Problem?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3836, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Buehler, Stefan & Schmutzler, Armin & Benz, Men-Andri, 2004. "Infrastructure quality in deregulated industries: is there an underinvestment problem?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 253-267, February.
- Stefan Buehler & Armin Schmutzler & Men-Andri Benz, 2002. "Infrastructure Quality in Deregulated Industries: Is there an Underinvestment Problem?," SOI - Working Papers 0209, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Stefan Buehler & Dennis Gaertner & Daniel Halbheer, 2004.
"Deregulating Network Industries: Dealing with Price-Quality Tradeoffs,"
SOI - Working Papers
0402, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich, revised Oct 2005.
- Stefan Buehler & Dennis Gärtner & Daniel Halbheer, 2006. "Deregulating Network Industries: Dealing with Price-quality Tradeoffs," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 99-115, 07.
- Stefan Buehler & Armin Schmutzler, 2004.
"Intimidating Competitors – Endogenous Vertical Integration and Downstream Investment in Successive Oligopoly,"
SOI - Working Papers
0409, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich, revised Jul 2005.
- Buehler, Stefan & Schmutzler, Armin, 2008. "Intimidating competitors -- Endogenous vertical integration and downstream investment in successive oligopoly," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 247-265, January.
- Christian Jaag & Urs Trinkner, 2008.
"Pricing in Competitive Two-Sided Mail Markets,"
in: Competition and Regulation in the Postal and Delivery Sector, chapter 10
- Urs Trinkner & Christian Jaag & Helmut Dietl & Haller Andreas & Verbeek Erwin & Fürst Oliver, 2011. "International Parcels – Review of Inward Land Rates," Studies and Reports, Swiss Economics, pages 1-72, August.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Patrick Rey & Jean Tirole, 1998. "Network Competition: I. Overview and Nondiscriminatory Pricing," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(1), pages 1-37, Spring.
- Gans, Joshua S & Williams, Philip L, 1999. "Access Regulation and the Timing of Infrastructure Investment," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 75(229), pages 127-37, June.
- Andreas Haller & Christian Jaag & Urs Trinkner, 2011. "Termination Charges in the International Parcel Market: Competition and Regulation," Working Papers 0028, Swiss Economics.
- Helmut M. Dietl & Urs Trinkner & Reto Bleisch, 2004. "Liberalization and Regulation of the Swiss Letter Market," Working Papers 0001, Swiss Economics, revised Jul 2005.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chc:wpaper:0033. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Jaag)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.