Pricing in competitive two-sided mail markets
The paper analyzes optimal pricing strategies in liberalized two-sided mail markets. Our results tell a cautionary tale with respect to applying two-part tariffs in postal markets, especially for delivery into P.O. box es.
|Date of creation:||May 2007|
|Date of revision:||Jul 2007|
|Publication status:||Published in Competition and Regulation in the Postal and Delivery Sector, edited by M. A. Crew and P. R. Kleindorfer. Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar, pp. 136 - 149.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.swiss-economics.ch|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Catia Felisberto & Matthias Finger & Beat Friedli & Daniel Kraehenbuehl & Urs Trinkner, 2005. "Pricing the last mile in the postal sector," Working Papers 0003, Swiss Economics, revised Dec 2005.
- Christian Jaag, 2007.
"Liberalization of the Swiss Letter Market and the Viability of Universal Service Obligations,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 143(III), pages 261-282, September.
- Christian Jaag, 2007. "Liberalization of the Swiss Letter Market and the Viability of Universal Service Obligations," Working Papers 0006, Swiss Economics.
- Jaag, Christian, 2007. "Liberalization of the Swiss Letter Market and the Viability of Universal Service Obligations," MPRA Paper 6121, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Helmut M. Dietl & Urs Trinkner & Reto Bleisch, 2004. "Liberalization and Regulation of the Swiss Letter Market," Working Papers 0001, Swiss Economics, revised Jul 2005.
- Mark Armstrong, 2005.
"Competition in Two-Sided Markets,"
- Beat Friedli & Christian Jaag & Daniel Kraehenbuehl & Ole Bach Nielsen & Søren-Michael Pihl & Urs Trinkner, 2006. "Consumer preferences and last mile pricing in the postal sector," Working Papers 0004, Swiss Economics, revised Jul 2006.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chc:wpaper:0007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Jaag)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.