Pricing in competitive two-sided mail markets
The paper analyzes optimal pricing strategies in liberalized two-sided mail markets. Our results tell a cautionary tale with respect to applying two-part tariffs in postal markets, especially for delivery into P.O. box es.
|Date of creation:||May 2007|
|Date of revision:||Jul 2007|
|Publication status:||Published in Competition and Regulation in the Postal and Delivery Sector, edited by M. A. Crew and P. R. Kleindorfer. Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar, pp. 136 - 149.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.swiss-economics.ch|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark Armstrong, 2006. "Competition in two‐sided markets," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(3), pages 668-691, September.
- Helmut M. Dietl & Urs Trinkner & Reto Bleisch, 2004. "Liberalization and Regulation of the Swiss Letter Market," Working Papers 0001, Swiss Economics, revised Jul 2005.
- Christian Jaag, 2007.
"Liberalization of the Swiss Letter Market and the Viability of Universal Service Obligations,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 143(III), pages 261-282, September.
- Jaag, Christian, 2007. "Liberalization of the Swiss Letter Market and the Viability of Universal Service Obligations," MPRA Paper 6121, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Jaag, 2007. "Liberalization of the Swiss Letter Market and the Viability of Universal Service Obligations," Working Papers 0006, Swiss Economics.
- Catia Felisberto & Matthias Finger & Beat Friedli & Daniel Kraehenbuehl & Urs Trinkner, 2005. "Pricing the last mile in the postal sector," Working Papers 0003, Swiss Economics, revised Dec 2005.
- Beat Friedli & Christian Jaag & Daniel Kraehenbuehl & Ole Bach Nielsen & Søren-Michael Pihl & Urs Trinkner, 2006. "Consumer preferences and last mile pricing in the postal sector," Working Papers 0004, Swiss Economics, revised Jul 2006.