A General Framework for Regulation and Liberalization in Network Industries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Christian Jaag & Urs Trinkner, 2011. "A General Framework for Regulation and Liberalization in Network Industries," Chapters,in: International Handbook of Network Industries, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
References listed on IDEAS
- de Bijl, P.W.J. & van Damme, E.E.C. & Larouche, P., 2005.
"Regulating Access to Stimulate Competition in Postal Markets,"
2005-026, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- de Bijl, P.W.J. & van Damme, E.E.C. & Larouche, P., 2006. "Regulating access to stimulate competition in postal markets?," Other publications TiSEM 21b1fca3-5f00-4ffa-849d-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Pablo T. Spiller, 2009.
"An Institutional Theory of Public Contracts: Regulatory Implications,"
Chapters,in: Regulation, Deregulation, Reregulation, chapter 3
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Pablo T. Spiller, 2008. "An Institutional Theory of Public Contracts: Regulatory Implications," NBER Working Papers 14152, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baldwin, Robert & Cave, Martin & Lodge, Martin, 2011.
"Understanding Regulation: Theory, Strategy, and Practice,"
Oxford University Press,
edition 2, number 9780199576098.
- Baldwin, Robert & Cave, Martin, 1999. "Understanding Regulation: Theory, Strategy, and Practice," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774389.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, January.
- Matthias Finger & Christian Jaag & Markus Lang & Martin Lutzenberger & Urs Trinkner, 2009. "Bestimmung des Regulierungsbedarfs aus ökonomischer Sicht: Angemessenheit und Folgen einer funktionalen oder strukturellen Trennung von Swisscom," Studies and Reports, Swiss Economics, pages 1-92, February.
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Jean‐Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2006. "Two‐sided markets: a progress report," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(3), pages 645-667, September.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1996. "Creating Competition through Interconnection: Theory and Practice," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 227-256, November.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Mark Armstrong & David E.M. Sappington, 2006. "Regulation, Competition and Liberalization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 44(2), pages 325-366, June.
- Crew, Michael A & Kleindorfer, Paul R, 2002. "Regulatory Economics: Twenty Years of Progress?," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 5-22, January.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Randal C. Picker, 2014. "Antitrust and Regulation," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Regulation and Its Reform: What Have We Learned?, pages 25-61 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baumol, William J, 1977. "On the Proper Cost Tests for Natural Monopoly in a Multiproduct Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 809-822, December.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joseph E. Harrington & John M. Vernon, 2005. "Economics of Regulation and Antitrust, 4th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 4, volume 1, number 026222075x, January.
- Christian Jaag & Urs Trinkner, 2008. "Pricing in Competitive Two-Sided Mail Markets," Chapters,in: Competition and Regulation in the Postal and Delivery Sector, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Cave, Martin, 2006. "Six Degrees of Separation : Operational Separation as a Remedy in European Telecommunications Regulation," MPRA Paper 3572, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bourreau, Marc & Dogan, Pinar, 2001. "Regulation and innovation in the telecommunications industry," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 167-184, April.
- Amihai Glazer & Henry McMillan, 1992. "Pricing by the Firm Under Regulatory Threat," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 1089-1099.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:48:y:2017:i:c:p:12-21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthias Finger & Torben Holvad, 2013. "Setting the scene: background and overview of regulatory reform in the transport sector," Chapters,in: Regulating Transport in Europe, chapter 1, pages 1-35 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- M. Maegli & C. Jaag & M. Finger, 2010.
"Regulatory Governance Costs in Network Industries: Observations in Postal Regulation,"
Competition and Regulation in Network Industries,
Intersentia, vol. 11(2), pages 207-238, June.
- Martin Maegli & Christian Jaag & Matthias Finger, 2010. "Regulatory Governance Costs in Network Industries: Observations in Postal Regulation," Working Papers 0018, Swiss Economics.
- Jaag, Christian, 2014.
"Postal-sector policy: From monopoly to regulated competition and beyond,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 266-277.
- Christian Jaag, 2014. "Postal-Sector Policy: From Monopoly to Regulated Competition and Beyond," Working Papers 0045, Swiss Economics.
- Christian Jaag & Urs Trinkner, 2012. "Defining and financing an intermodal USO," Working Papers 0035, Swiss Economics.
- Charlene Rohr & Urs Trinkner & Alison Lawrence & Priscillia Hunt & Chong Woo Kim & Dimitris Potoglou & Rob Sheldon, 2011. "Appropriate Methodologies to Better Measure Consumer Preferences for Postal Services," Studies and Reports, Swiss Economics, pages 1-136, December.
More about this item
KeywordsLiberalization; Regulation; Network industries;
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L44 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Antitrust Policy and Public Enterprise, Nonprofit Institutions, and Professional Organizations
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAW-2010-06-04 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-NET-2010-06-04 (Network Economics)
- NEP-REG-2010-06-04 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chc:wpaper:0016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Jaag). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/swecoch.html .