Migration to the Cloud Ecosystem: Ushering in a New Generation of Platform Competition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chou, Chien-fu & Shy, Oz, 1990. "Network effects without network externalities," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 259-270, June.
- Marc Rysman, 2009. "The Economics of Two-Sided Markets," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 125-143, Summer.
- Gregory S. Crawford & Ali Yurukoglu, 2012.
"The Welfare Effects of Bundling in Multichannel Television Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(2), pages 643-685, April.
- Crawford, Gregory S & Yurukoglu, Ali, 2011. "The Welfare Effects of Bundling in Multichannel Television Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 8370, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1986. "Technology Adoption in the Presence of Network Externalities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 822-841, August.
- Jay Pil Choi & Chaim Fershtman & Neil Gandal, 2010.
"Network Security: Vulnerabilities And Disclosure Policy,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(4), pages 868-894, December.
- Choi, Jay-Pil & Fershtman, Chaim & Gandal, Neil, 2007. "Network Security: Vulnerabilities and Disclosure Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 6134, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Church, Jeffrey & Gandal, Neil, 1992. "Network Effects, Software Provision, and Standardization," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 85-103, March.
- Federico Etro, 2011. "The Economics of Cloud Computing," The IUP Journal of Managerial Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(2), pages 7-22, May.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
- Hiroshi Ohashi, 2003. "The Role of Network Effects in the US VCR Market, 1978-1986," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 447-494, December.
- David Dranove & Neil Gandal, 2003. "The Dvd-vs.-Divx Standard War: Empirical Evidence of Network Effects and Preannouncement Effects," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 363-386, September.
- repec:rje:randje:v:37:y:2006:3:p:645-667 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lam, W., 2015. "Competiton in the Market for Flexible Resources: an application to cloud computing," CORE Discussion Papers 2015034, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Lam, Wing Man Wynne, 2014. "Competition in the Market for Flexible Resources: an application to cloud computing," TSE Working Papers 14-518, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Nicola Dimitri & Ramona Apostol, 2016. "Pricing Cloud Computing Services," Working Papers 2016/13, Maastricht School of Management.
More about this item
Keywordscloud computing; platform competition; network effects; two-sided markets.;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idt:journl:cs8505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (BLAVIER Thomas). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idatefr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.