Competing Networks and Proprietary Standards: The Case of Quadraphonic Sound
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- König, Raina & Stephan, Michael, 2007. "Market take-off in systemic industries: The early industry life cycle stage in the mobile payment industry," Discussion Papers on Strategy and Innovation 07-03, Philipps-University Marburg, Department of Technology and Innovation Management (TIM).
- Marc Rysman, 2003. "Differentiation Across Standards and Adoption Failure in 56K Modems," Working Papers 03-12, NET Institute, revised Dec 2003.
- Lea, Gary & Hall, Peter, 2004. "Standards and intellectual property rights: an economic and legal perspective," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 67-89, March.
- Geroski, P. A., 2000. "Models of technology diffusion," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 603-625, April.
- Heli Koski & Tobias Kretschmer, 2004.
"Entry, Standards and Competition: Firm Strategies and the Diffusion of Mobile Telephony,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 26(1), pages 89-113, November.
- Koski, Heli & Kretschmer, Tobias, 2002. "Entry, Standards and Competition : Firm Strategies and the Diffusion of Mobile Telephony," Discussion Papers 824, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Koski, Heli & Kretschmer, Tobias, 2005. "Entry, standards and competition : firm strategies and the diffusion of mobile telephony," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 801, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Angelique Augereau & Shane Greenstein & Marc Rysman, 2004. "Coordination vs. Differentiation in a Standards War: 56K Modems," NBER Working Papers 10334, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stremersch, S. & Tellis, G.J. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Binken, J.L.G., 2007. "Indirect Network Effects in New Product Growth," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-019-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Fershtman, Chaim & Gandal, Neil, 2012. "Migration to the Cloud Ecosystem: Ushering in a New Generation of Platform Competition," Foerder Institute for Economic Research Working Papers 275789, Tel-Aviv University > Foerder Institute for Economic Research.
- Kerstan, Sven & Kretschmer, Tobias & Muehlfeld, Katrin, 2012. "The dynamics of pre-market standardization," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 105-119.
- Tobias Kretschmer & Katrin Muehlfeld, 2004. "Co-opetition in Standard-Setting: The Case of the Compact Disc," Working Papers 04-14, NET Institute, revised Oct 2004.
- Heli Koski & Tobias Kretschmer, 2004.
"Survey on Competing in Network Industries: Firm Strategies, Market Outcomes, and Policy Implications,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 5-31, March.
- Koski, Heli & Kretschmer, Tobias, 2004. "Survey on competing in network industries : firm strategies, market outcomes, and policy implications," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 803, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Roberto Fontana, 2003. "Rapid Technical Change and the Speed of Lock-in: Standard Battles in the Local Area Network Industry in the 1990s," KITeS Working Papers 146, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jul 2003.
- Chaim FERSHTMAN & Neil GANDAL, 2012.
"Migration to the Cloud Ecosystem: Ushering in a New Generation of Platform Competition,"
Communications & Strategies,
IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(85), pages 109-123, 1st quart.
- Fershtman, Chaim & Gandal, Neil, 2012. "Migration to the Cloud Ecosystem: Ushering in a New Generation of Platform Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 8907, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Filomena Garcia & Cecilia Vergari, 2016.
"Revealing Incentives for Compatibility Provision in Vertically Differentiated Network Industries,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 720-749, September.
- Filomena Garcia & Cecilia Vergari, 2015. "Revealing incentives for Compatibility Provision in Vertically differentiated Network Industries," Caepr Working Papers 2015-005 Classification-L, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Kretschmer, Tobias & Muehlfeld, Katrin, 2006.
"Co-opetition and prelaunch in standard-setting for developing technologies,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
19843, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Tobias Kretschmer & Katrin Muehlfeld, 2006. "Co-Opetition and Prelaunch in Standard-Setting for Developing Technologies," CEP Discussion Papers dp0742, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Tobias Kretschmer, 2008. "SPLINTERING AND INERTIA IN NETWORK INDUSTRIES -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(4), pages 685-706, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jindec:v:39:y:1990:i:2:p:169-85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-1821 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.