Economics of Post Office Networks: Strategic Issues and the Impact on Mail Demand
The paper analyzes recent restructurings of post office networks. Based on these findings an on a time-series estimation of the impact of Swiss Post’s recent realignment of its network on overall mail demand we derive three generic strategies for the long term alignment of Post office networks.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2007|
|Date of revision:||Dec 2007|
|Publication status:||Published in Handbook of Global Postal Reform, edited by M. A. Crew, P. R. Kleindorfer, and J. Campbell. Cheltenham, UK, Edward Elgar, 80-97|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.swiss-economics.chEmail: |
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boldron, François & Cremer, Helmuth & De Donder, Philippe & Joram, Denis & Roy, Bernard, 2007.
"Social costs and benefits of the universal service obligation in the postal market,"
IDEI Working Papers
456, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Helmuth Cremer & Philippe De Donder & FranÃ§ois Boldron & Bernard Roy, 2008. "Social Costs and Benefits of the Universal Service Obligation in the Postal Market," Chapters, in: Competition and Regulation in the Postal and Delivery Sector, chapter 2 Edward Elgar.
- Christian Jaag, 2007.
"Liberalization of the Swiss Letter Market and the Viability of Universal Service Obligations,"
0006, Swiss Economics.
- Christian Jaag, 2007. "Liberalization of the Swiss Letter Market and the Viability of Universal Service Obligations," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 143(III), pages 261-282, September.
- Jaag, Christian, 2007. "Liberalization of the Swiss Letter Market and the Viability of Universal Service Obligations," MPRA Paper 6121, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Helmut M. Dietl & Urs Trinkner & Reto Bleisch, 2004. "Liberalization and Regulation of the Swiss Letter Market," Working Papers 0001, Swiss Economics, revised Jul 2005.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chc:wpaper:0008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Jaag)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.