Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Giacomini, Raffaella & Haefke, Christian & White, Halbert & Gottschling, Andreas, 2002. "Hypernormal Densities," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt9wr373nt, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Raffaella Giacomini & Andreas Gottschling & Christian Haefke & Halbert White, 2002. "Hypernormal Densities," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 584, Boston College Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- McDonald, James B, 1984. "Some Generalized Functions for the Size Distribution of Income," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 647-663, May.
- Karim Abadir, 1999.
"An introduction to hypergeometric functions for economists,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 287-330.
- Abadir, Karim, 1995. "An Introduction to Hypergeometric Functions for Economists," Discussion Papers 9510, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Anthony Tay & Kenneth F. Wallis, 2000. "Density Forecasting: A Survey," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0370, Econometric Society.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1987. "A Conditionally Heteroskedastic Time Series Model for Speculative Prices and Rates of Return," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 542-547, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexandre Carvalho & Georgios Skoulakis, 2010. "Time Series Mixtures of Generalized t Experts: ML Estimation and an Application to Stock Return Density Forecasting," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(5-6), pages 642-687.
More about this item
KeywordsARMA-GARCH models; neural networks; nonparametric density estimation; forecast accuracy;
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- C45 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Neural Networks and Related Topics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-09-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2002-09-28 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2002-09-28 (Econometric Time Series)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:638. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .