International entrepreneurship and technological capabilities in the Middle East and North Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Soete, Luc, 2008. "Science, Technology and Development: Emerging concepts and visions," MERIT Working Papers 001, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, 2005. "Firm Size Matters: Growth and Productivity Growth in African Manufacturing," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 545-583, April.
- Juliane Brach, 2010. "Technological Readiness in the Middle East and North Africa – Implications for Egypt," GIGA Working Paper Series 155, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Abu-Qarn, Aamer S. & Abu-Bader, Suleiman, 2007. "Sources of Growth Revisited: Evidence from Selected MENA Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 752-771, May.
- Fahim Al-Marhubi, 2000. "Export diversification and growth: an empirical investigation," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(9), pages 559-562.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Jason Hwang & Dani Rodrik, 2007.
"What you export matters,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Hwang, Jason & Rodrik, Dani, 2005. "What You Export Matters," Working Paper Series rwp05-063, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Hwang, Jason & Rodrik, Dani, 2006. "What You Export Matters," CEPR Discussion Papers 5444, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Jason Hwang & Dani Rodrik, 2005. "What You Export Matters," NBER Working Papers 11905, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Jason Hwang & Dani Rodrik, 2005. "What You Export Matters," CID Working Papers 123, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Michael Funke & Ralf Ruhwedel, 2005.
"Export variety and economic growth in East European transition economies,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 13(1), pages 25-50, January.
- Michael Funke & Ralf Ruhwedel, 2003. "Export variety and economic growth in East European transition economies," Macroeconomics 0307002, EconWPA.
- Ralf Ruhwedel & Michael Funke, 2005. "Export Variety and Economic Growth in East European Transition Economies," Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers 20502, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Funke, Michael & Ruhwedel, Ralf, 2003. "Export variety and economic growth in East European transition economies," BOFIT Discussion Papers 8/2003, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Castellacci, Fulvio & Natera, Jose Miguel, 2011.
"A new panel dataset for cross-country analyses of national systems, growth and development (CANA),"
28376, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fulvio Castellacci & José Miguel Natera, 2011. "A new panel dataset for cross-country analyses of national systems, growth and development (CANA)," Working Papers del Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales 1105, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 1977. "The Internationalization Process of the Firm—A Model of Knowledge Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 8(1), pages 23-32, March.
- Wim Naudé & Stephanié Rossouw, 2010.
"Early international entrepreneurship in China: Extent and determinants,"
Journal of International Entrepreneurship,
Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 87-111, March.
- Naude, Wim & Rossouw, Stephanie, 2009. "Early International Entrepreneurship in China: Extent and Determinants," WIDER Working Paper Series 016, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, 2005.
"Exporting raises productivity in sub-Saharan African manufacturing firms,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 373-391, December.
- Johannes Van Biesebroeck, 2003. "Exporting Raises Productivity in Sub-Saharan African Manufacturing Plants," NBER Working Papers 10020, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neil Rankin & Måns Söderbom & Francis Teal, 2006. "Exporting from Manufacturing Firms in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 15(4), pages 671-687, December.
- Marianne Matthee & Wim NaudÃ©, 2008.
"The Determinants of Regional Manufactured Exports from a Developing Country,"
International Regional Science Review,
, vol. 31(4), pages 343-358, October.
- Matthee, Marianne & Naude, Wim, 2007. "The Determinants of Regional Manufactured Exports from a Developing Country," WIDER Working Paper Series 010, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- World Bank, 2010. "Innovation Policy : A Guide for Developing Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2460.
- Juliane Brach & Robert Kappel, 2009. "Global Value Chains, Technology Transfer and Local Firm Upgrading in Non-OECD Countries," GIGA Working Paper Series 110, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike & Ucbasaran, Deniz, 2001. "The internationalization of new and small firms: A resource-based view," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 333-358, July.
- Dierk Herzer & Nowak-Lehnmann Felicitas, 2006. "What does export diversification do for growth? An econometric analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(15), pages 1825-1838.
- repec:ucm:wpaper:05-11 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sekkat, Khalid, 2016. "Exchange rate misalignment and export diversification in developing countries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 1-14.
- Khalid Sekkat, 2016. "Export Orientation and Exchange Rate Changes: Do Firms React Differently and Why?," Working Papers 989, Economic Research Forum, revised Apr 2016.
- José Ernesto Amorós & Rodrigo Basco & Gianni Romaní, 2016. "Determinants of early internationalization of new firms: the case of Chile," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 283-307, March.
- Agne Matiusinaite & Jurgita Sekliuckiene, 2015. "Factors determining early internationalization of entrepreneurial SMEs: Theoretical approach," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 8(3), pages 21-32, December.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational entrepreneurship; exports; entrepreneurial capabilities; innovation; Middle East; North Africa; MENA;
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- M16 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - International Business Administration
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ARA-2012-04-23 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CSE-2012-04-23 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2012-04-23 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INT-2012-04-23 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:unumer:2012020. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ad Notten). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .