Poverty and Inequality in Eastern Europe and the CIS Transition Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ksenia Yudaeva, 2002. "Globalization and Inequality in CIS Countries: Role of Institutions," Working Papers w0025, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- de Melo, Martha & Denizer, Cevdet & Gelb, Alan & Tenev, Stoyan, 1997. "Circumstance and choice : the role of initial conditions and policies in transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1866, The World Bank.
- Sonin, Konstantin, 2003.
"Why the rich may favor poor protection of property rights,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 715-731, December.
- Konstantin Sonin, 2002. "Why the Rich May Favor Poor Protection of Property Rights," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 544, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Konstantin Sonin, 2003. "Why the Rich May Favor Poor Protection of Property Rights," Working Papers w0022, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- S. Fisher & R. Sahay & C. A. Vegh, 1997.
"Stabilization and Growth in Transition Economies: The Early Experience,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 5.
- Stanley Fischer & Ratna Sahay & Carlos A. Vegh, 1996. "Stabilization and Growth in Transition Economies: The Early Experience," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 45-66, Spring.
- Stanley Fischer & Carlos A. Végh Gramont & Ratna Sahay, 1996. "Stabilization and Growth in Transition Economies; The Early Experience," IMF Working Papers 96/31, International Monetary Fund.
- Fischer, Stanley & Sahay, Ratna & Vegh, Carlos, 1996. "Stabilization and growth in transition economies: The early experience," MPRA Paper 20631, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Randall K. Filer & Jan Hanousek, 2002.
"Data Watch: Research Data from Transition Economies,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 225-240, Winter.
- Randall K. Filer & Jan Hanousek, 2001. "Data Watch: Research Data from Transition Economies," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 416, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Sachs, J.D. & Woo, W.T., 1994. "Structural Factors in the Economic Reforms of China, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," Papers 94-01, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Yuri Andrienko & Sergei Guriev, 2004. "Determinants of interregional mobility in Russia," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew M. Warner, 1996. "Achieving Rapid Growth in the Transition Economies of Central Europe," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0073, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Klugman, Jeni & Micklewright, John & Redmond, Gerry, 2002.
"Poverty in the Transition: Social Expenditures and the Working-Age Poor,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3389, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeni Klugman & John Micklewright & Gerry Redmond, 2002. "Poverty in the Transition: Social expenditures and the working-age poor," Papers inwopa02/18, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Burawoy, Michael, 1996. "The state and economic involution: Russia through a China lens," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1105-1117, June.
- de Melo, Martha & Denizer, Cevdet & Gelb, Alan, 1996. "From plan to market : patterns of transition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1564, The World Bank.
- Mikhalev, V., 2000. "Inequality and Transformation of Social Structures in Transitional Economies," Research Paper 52, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Stanley Fischer & Alan Gelb, 1991. "The Process of Socialist Economic Transformation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 91-105, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Julia Fimpel & Michael Stolpe, 2010. "The welfare costs of HIV/AIDS in Eastern Europe: an empirical assessment using the economic value-of-life approach," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 11(3), pages 305-322, June.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:138:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11205-017-1660-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Ainura Uzagalieva & Antonio Menezes, 2009. "The poverty effect of remittance flows: evidence from Georgia," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 453-474.
- Facundo Alvaredo & Leonardo Gasparini, 2013. "Recent Trends in Inequality and Poverty in Developing Countries," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0151, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Cerami, Alfio, 2007. "Social Change and Welfare State Developments in CEE and Russia," MPRA Paper 8479, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Costa-Font, Joan & Kossarova, Lucia, 2014.
"Anthropometric dividends of Czechoslovakia’s break up,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
60719, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Lucia Kossarova, 2015. "Anthropometric Dividends of Czechoslovakia’s Break Up," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 95, European Institute, LSE.
- Costa-Font, J. & Kossarova, L., 2015. "Anthropometric Dividends of Czechoslovakia's Break Up," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 15/04, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Lucia Kossarova, 2014. "Anthropometric Dividends of Czechoslovakia's Break Up," CESifo Working Paper Series 5081, CESifo Group Munich.
- Aziz Atamanov & Matthias Luecke & Toman Omar Mahmoud & Roman Mogilevsky & Kseniya Tereshchenko & Natalia A. Tourdyeva & Ainura Uzagalieva & Vitaly Vavryschuk, 2009. "Income and Distribution Effects of Migration and Remittances: an Analysis Based on CGE Models for Selected CIS Countries," CASE Network Reports 0086, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
More about this item
Keywordstransition; Central and Eastern Europe; CIS countries; transformation; poverty; inequality; social policy; health; education;
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2006-08-26 (European Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2006-08-26 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:une:wpaper:17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aimee Gao). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desunus.html .