Banking Crisis, Moral Hazard and Fiscal Policy Responses
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Bolton & Olivier Jeanne, 2011.
"Sovereign Default Risk and Bank Fragility in Financially Integrated Economies,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 59(2), pages 162-194, June.
- Bolton, Patrick & Jeanne, Olivier, 2011. "Sovereign Default Risk and Bank Fragility in Financially Integrated Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 8358, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Patrick Bolton & Olivier Jeanne, 2011. "Sovereign Default Risk and Bank Fragility in Financially Integrated Economies," NBER Working Papers 16899, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hasman, Augusto & López, Ángel L. & SamartIín, Margarita, 2011. "Government, taxes and banking crises," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 2761-2770, October.
- Hryckiewicz, Aneta, 2014. "What do we know about the impact of government interventions in the banking sector? An assessment of various bailout programs on bank behavior," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 246-265.
- Kollmann, Robert & Ratto, Marco & Roeger, Werner & in′t Veld, Jan, 2013.
"Fiscal policy, banks and the financial crisis,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 387-403.
- Robert Kollmann & Marco Ratto & Werner Roeger & Jan in'tVeld, 2012. "Fiscal Policy, Banks and the Financial Crisis," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2012-034, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- In''t Veld, Jan & Kollmann, Robert & Ratto, Marco & Roeger, Werner, 2012. "Fiscal Policy, Banks and the Financial Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 9175, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert Kollmann & Marco Ratto & Werner Roeger & Jan in't Veld, 2012. "Fiscal Policy, Banks and the Financial Crisis," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 464, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Robert Kollmann & Marco Ratto & Werner Roeger & Jan in't Veld, 2012. "Fiscal policy, banks and the financial crisis," Working Paper Research 234, National Bank of Belgium.
- Chiorazzo, Vincenzo & Milani, Carlo, 2011. "The impact of taxation on bank profits: Evidence from EU banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 3202-3212.
- Patrick Kehoe & V.V. Chari, 2010.
"Bailouts, Time Inconsistency, and Optimal Regulation,"
2010 Meeting Papers
527, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- V.V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2013. "Bailouts, Time Inconsistency, and Optimal Regulation," NBER Working Papers 19192, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2013. "Bailouts, time inconsistency, and optimal regulation," Staff Report 481, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Sebastian Dellepiane Avellaneda & Niamh Hardiman, 2010. "The European Context of Ireland’s Economic Crisis," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 41(4), pages 473-500.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Goodhart, Charles, 2011. "The emerging new architecture of financial regulation," CFS Working Paper Series 2011/12, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Masciandaro, Donato & Passarelli, Francesco, 2013. "Financial systemic risk: Taxation or regulation?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 587-596.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Guimaraes, Bernardo & Roubini, Nouriel, 2006.
"International lending of last resort and moral hazard: A model of IMF's catalytic finance,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 441-471, April.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Bernardo Guimaraes & Nouriel Roubini, 2003. "International Lending of Last Resort and Moral Hazard: A Model of IMF's Catalytic Finance," NBER Working Papers 10125, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen, Franklin & Carletti, Elena & Gale, Douglas, 2009.
"Interbank market liquidity and central bank intervention,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(5), pages 639-652, July.
- Franklin Allen & Elena Carletti & Douglas Gale, 2009. "Interbank Market Liquidity and Central Bank Intervention," Economics Working Papers ECO2009/09, European University Institute.
- Roberto Chang & Andres Velasco, 2001. "A Model of Financial Crises in Emerging Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(2), pages 489-517.
- Philip R. Lane, 2012. "The European Sovereign Debt Crisis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 49-68, Summer.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking crisis; capital ratio; over risk-taking; too big to fail; fiscal bailout; fiscal policy; government put; moral hazard; crisis resolution; public lending.;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H32 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Firm
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-02-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2016-02-12 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2016-02-12 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2016-02-12 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ulp:sbbeta:2016-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bestrfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.