Banking for the public good
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Clas Wihlborg, 2012. "Developing Distress Resolution Procedures for Financial Institutions," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2012/5.
- David Miles & Jing Yang & Gilberto Marcheggiano, 2013. "Optimal Bank Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 123(567), pages 1-37, March.
- Joseph Carcello, 2009. "Governance and the Common Good," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 89(1), pages 11-18, May.
- Zoltan Pozsar & Hayley Boesky & Tobias Adrian & Adam B. Ashcraft, 2013.
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, pages 1-16.
- Tobias Adrian & Adam Ashcraft & Hayley Boeski & Zoltan Pozsar, 2012. "Shadow banking," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 105(1), pages 157-184.
- Tobias Adrian & Adam Ashcraft & Hayley Boesky & Zoltan Pozsar, 2012. "S hadow Banking," Revue d'économie financière, Association d'économie financière, vol. 0(1), pages 157-184.
- Velasquez, Manuel, 1992. "International Business, Morality, and the Common Good," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 27-40, January.
- Richard A. Werner, 2013. "Towards a More Stable and Sustainable Financial Architecture – A Discussion and Application of the Quantity Theory of Credit," Credit and Capital Markets, Credit and Capital Markets, vol. 46(3), pages 357-387.
- Mullineux, Andrew W., 2012. "Taxing banks fairly," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 154-158.
- Mayer, Thomas, 2013. "A Copernican turn in Banking Union urgently needed," CEPS Papers 8263, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Jonathan R. Macey & Maureen O'Hara, 2003. "The corporate governance of banks," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue apr, pages 91-107.
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "An analytic derivation of the cost of deposit insurance and loan guarantees An application of modern option pricing theory," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-11, June.
- Lev Ratnovski, 2013. "Competition Policy for Modern Banks," IMF Working Papers 13/126, International Monetary Fund.
- Anat R. Admati & Peter M. DeMarzo & Martin F. Hellwig & Paul Pfleiderer, 2010.
"Fallacies, Irrelevant Facts, and Myths in the Discussion of Capital Regulation: Why Bank Equity is Not Expensive,"
Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods
2010_42, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Admati, Anat R. & DeMarzo, Peter M. & Hellwig, Martin F. & Pfleiderer, Paul, 2010. "Fallacies, Irrelevant Facts, and Myths in the Discussion of Capital Regulation: Why Bank Equity Is Not Expensive," Research Papers 2065, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Andy Mullineux, 2006. "The corporate governance of banks," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 14(4), pages 375-382, November.
- Maria J. Nieto & Gillian G. Garcia, 2012. "The Insufficiency of Traditional Safety Nets: What Bank Resolution Fund for Europe?," FMG Special Papers sp209, Financial Markets Group.
- Maria J. Nieto & Gillian G. Garcia, 2012. "The insufficiency of traditional safety nets: what bank resolution fund for Europe?," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(2), pages 116-146, May.
- Andrew William (Andy) Mullineux, 2010. "Financial innovation and social welfare," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(3), pages 243-256, July.
- Michael Kumhof & Jaromir Benes, 2012.
"The Chicago Plan Revisited,"
IMF Working Papers
12/202, International Monetary Fund.
- Kumhof, Michael & Benes, Jaromir, 2014. "The Chicago Plan Revisited," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100303, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- A Mullineux & V Murinde & R Sensarma, 2010. "Convergence of Corporate Finance Patterns in Europe," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 15(2), pages 49-68, September.
- Turner, Adair, 2012. "Credit creation and social optimality," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 142-153.
- Paul Melaschenko & Noel Reynolds, 2013. "A template for recapitalising too-big-to-fail banks," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chaudhry, Sajid Mukhtar & Mullineux, Andrew & Agarwal, Natasha, 2015. "Balancing the regulation and taxation of banking," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 38-52.
- Li, Hui & Liu, Hong & Siganos, Antonios, 2016. "A comparison of the stock market reactions of convertible bond offerings between financial and non-financial institutions: Do they differ?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 356-366.
More about this item
KeywordsCommon (or public) good; Corporate governance; Public goods; Too big to fail; Regulation; Global Financial Crisis; Leverage; Oligarchy; Taxation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:36:y:2014:i:c:p:87-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.