Basel III: Is the cure worse than the disease?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Miles & Jing Yang & Gilberto Marcheggiano, 2013. "Optimal Bank Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 123(567), pages 1-37, March.
- William A Allen, 2012. "Government debt management and monetary policy in Britain since 1919," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Threat of fiscal dominance?, volume 65, pages 15-50 Bank for International Settlements.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1993. "Credit in the macroeconomy," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Spr, pages 50-70.
- Richard Brealey, 2006. "Basel II: The Route Ahead or Cul-de-Sac?," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 18(4), pages 34-43.
- Paraskevi Dimou & Colin Lawrence & Alistair Milne, 2005. "Skewness of Returns, Capital Adequacy, and Mortgage Lending," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 28(1), pages 135-161, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xiong, Wanting & Wang, Yougui, 2017. "The impact of Basel III on money creation: A synthetic analysis," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-53, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Lengnick, Matthias & Krug, Sebastian & Wohltmann, Hans-Werner, 2013.
"Money creation and financial instability: An agent-based credit network approach,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 7, pages 1-44.
- Lengnick, Matthias & Krug, Sebastian & Wohltmann, Hans-Werner, 2012. "Money creation and financial instability: An agent-based credit network approach," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-61, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Lengnick, Matthias & Krug, Sebastian & Wohltmann, Hans-Werner, 2012. "Money creation and financial instability: An agent-based credit network approach," Economics Working Papers 2012-15, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- repec:bla:ecnote:v:46:y:2017:i:1:p:105-115 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berardi, Simone & Marcelletti, Alessandra, 2017. "Optimal Bank Capital Requirements: An Asymmetric Information Perspective," SEP Working Papers 2017/2, LUISS School of European Political Economy.
- Abou-El-Sood, Heba, 2016. "Are regulatory capital adequacy ratios good indicators of bank failure? Evidence from US banks," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 292-302.
- repec:eee:finana:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:48-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dietrich, Andreas & Hess, Kurt & Wanzenried, Gabrielle, 2014. "The good and bad news about the new liquidity rules of Basel III in Western European countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 13-25.
- Elisabetta Montanaro, 2013. "Regole di Basilea e modelli di vigilanza: quale convergenza? (Basel rules and supervisory models: What convergence?)," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 66(264), pages 415-442.
- Mario Mustilli & Francesco Campanella & Eugenio Dâ€™Angelo, 2017. "Basel III and Credit Crunch: An Empirical Test with Focus on Europe," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 7(3), pages 1-3.
- Sotirios Kokas & Dmitri Vinogradov & Marios Zachariadis, 2018. "Which Banks Smooth and at What Price?," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 01-2018, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Jan Novotn?? & Jan Hanousek & Ev??en Ko??enda, 2013. "Price Jump Indicators: Stock Market Empirics During the Crisis," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1050, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Torchiani, Ingo & Heidorn, Thomas & Schmaltz, Christian, 2017. "An integrated shortfall measure for Basel III," Discussion Papers 26/2017, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Barbulescu Marinela & Brinzea Victoria-Mihaela, 2014. "Credit Risk Management With The Purpose Of Optimizing The Performances Of The Financial Institutions," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1, pages 208-212, February.
More about this item
KeywordsAsset liability management; Bank business processes; Bank business models; Bank capital; Bank governance; Bank regulation; Cost of bank capital; Liquidity requirements; Structural change;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:25:y:2012:i:c:p:159-166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .