Macroprudential regulation and policy
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) and the Bank of Korea (BoK) jointly organised a conference on macroprudential regulation and policy in Seoul, Korea, on 16-18 January 2011. The conference aimed to bring academics together with researchers at central banks and other public institutions to present and discuss ongoing theoretical and empirical work in the field. In response to their call for papers, the organisers received more than 75 submissions from central banks, public agencies, supranational organisations and academic institutions. From these, a selection committee from the BIS and the BoK chose 12 papers organised around the following four themes: (i) systemic risk; (ii) financial system procyclicality; (iii) macroeconomic impact studies and early warning indicators; and (iv) effective implementation of macroprudential policy. In all, 35 participants took part, including central bank economists from Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the United States, as well as academics from Europe, Korea and North America. Governor Choongsoo Kim of the BoK gave the welcome address, and Governor Stefan Ingves of Sveriges Riksbank and Professor Hyun Song Shin from Princeton University gave keynote speeches. The conference concluded with a policy panel focusing on macroprudential policy frameworks. This volume is a collection of the welcome address, keynote speeches, revised versions of all papers presented during the conference and the panel discussions.
|This book is provided by Bank for International Settlements in its series BIS Papers with number 60 and published in 2011.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Centralbahnplatz 2, CH - 4002 Basel|
Phone: (41) 61 - 280 80 80
Fax: (41) 61 - 280 91 00
Web page: http://www.bis.org/
More information through EDIRC
|The following chapters of this book are listed in IDEAS:|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lambertini, Luisa & Mendicino, Caterina & Teresa Punzi, Maria, 2013.
"Leaning against boom–bust cycles in credit and housing prices,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1500-1522.
- Luisa Lambertini & Caterina Mendicino & Maria Teresa Punzi, 2011. "Leaning Against Boom-Bust Cycles in Credit and Housing Prices," Working Papers CELEG 1104, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Luisa Lambertini & Caterina Mendicino & Maria Teresa Punzi, 2011. "Leaning Against Boom-Bust Cycles in Credit and Housing Prices," Working Papers 201101, Center for Fiscal Policy, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne, revised Mar 2011.
- Luisa Lambertini & Caterina Mendicino & Maria Tereza Punzi, 2011. "Leaning Against Boom-Bust Cycles in Credit and Housing Prices," Working Papers w201108, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Yener Altunbas & Leonardo Gambacorta & David Marques-Ibanez, 2010.
"Does monetary policy affect bank risk-taking?,"
BIS Working Papers
298, Bank for International Settlements.
- Angela Maddaloni & Jose-Luis Peydro, 2011.
"Bank Risk-taking, Securitization, Supervision, and Low Interest Rates: Evidence from the Euro-area and the U.S. Lending Standards,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(6), pages 2121-2165.
- Maddaloni, Angela & Peydró, José-Luis, 2010. "Bank risk-taking, securitization, supervision and low interest rates: Evidence from the euro area and the U.S. lending standards," Working Paper Series 1248, European Central Bank.
- Charles Bean, 2003.
"Asset prices, financial imbalances and monetary policy: are inflation targets enough?,"
BIS Working Papers
140, Bank for International Settlements.
- Charles Bean, 2003. "Asset Prices, Financial Imbalances and Monetary Policy: Are Inflation Targets Enough?," RBA Annual Conference Volume, in: Anthony Richards & Tim Robinson (ed.), Asset Prices and Monetary Policy Reserve Bank of Australia.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:bisbps:60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.