The Impact of Training on Labour Mobility
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Machin & Kjell G. Salvanes & Panu Pelkonen, 2012.
"Education And Mobility,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 417-450, April.
- Stephen Machin & Panu Pelkonen & Kjell Salvanes, 2008. "Education and Mobility," CEE Discussion Papers 0100, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Machin, Stephen & Pelkonen, Panu & Salvanes, Kjell G., 2008. "Education and Mobility," IZA Discussion Papers 3845, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Machin, Stephen & Pelkonen, Panu & Salvanes, Kjell, 2008. "Education and mobility," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28277, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Francis Green & Scott M. Montgomery, 1998. "The Quality of Skill Acquisition in Young Workers' First Job," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 12(3), pages 473-487, September.
- Katz, Eliakim & Ziderman, Adrian, 1990. "Investment in General Training: The Role of Information and Labour Mobility," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(403), pages 1147-1158, December.
- Wiji Arulampalam & Alison L. Booth, 1998. "Training and Labour Market Flexibility: Is There a Trade-off?," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 36(4), pages 521-536, December.
- Campbell, Carl M, III, 1993. "Do Firms Pay Efficiency Wages? Evidence with Data at the Firm Level," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(3), pages 442-470, July.
- Elias, Peter, 1994. "Job-Related Training, Trade Union Membership, and Labour Mobility: A Longitudinal Study," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(4), pages 563-578, October.
- Stevens, Margaret, 1994. "A Theoretical Model of On-the-Job Training with Imperfect Competition," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(4), pages 537-562, October.
- Booth, Alison L & Satchell, Stephen E, 1994. "Apprenticeships and Job Tenure," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(4), pages 676-695, October.
- Lynch, Lisa M, 1991. "The Role of Off-the-Job vs. On-the-Job Training for the Mobility of Women Workers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 151-156, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Dietz & Thomas Zwick, 2016.
"The retention effect of training – portability, visibility, and credibility,"
Economics of Education Working Paper Series
0113, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Zwick, Thomas, 2017. "The retention effect of training – portability, visibility, and credibility," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168100, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Dietz, Daniel & Zwick, Thomas, 2016. "The retention effect of training: Portability, visibility, and credibility," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-011, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Green, Francis, 2000. "The Impact of Company Human Resource Policies on Social Skills: Implications for Training Sponsorship, Quit Rates and Efficiency Wages," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 47(3), pages 251-272, August.
- Mark C. Berger & John S. Earle & Klara Sabirianova, 2001.
"Worker Training in a Restructuring Economy: Evidence from the Russian Transition,"
Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Soloman W. Polachek (ed.), Worker Wellbeing in a Changing Labor Market, pages 159-189
W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Mark C. Berger & John S. Earle & Klara Sabirianova, 2000. "Worker Training in a Restructuring Economy: Evidence from the Russian Transition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 331, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Berger, Mark C. & Earle, John S. & Peter, Klara Sabirianova, 2001. "Worker Training in a Restructuring Economy: Evidence from the Russian Transition," IZA Discussion Papers 361, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordstraining; labour mobility;
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2000-03-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2000-02-14 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2000-03-13 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2000-03-13 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ukc:ukcedp:9910. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tracey Girling). General contact details of provider: http://www.kent.ac.uk/economics/ .