The Economics of Citation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Zimmermann, 2013. "Academic Rankings with RePEc," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(3), pages 1-32, December.
- Jerry R. Green & Suzanne Scotchmer, 1995.
"On the Division of Profit in Sequential Innovation,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 26(1), pages 20-33, Spring.
- Green, J.R. & Scotchmer, S., 1993. "On the Division of Profit in Sequential Innovation," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1638, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Peter Senn, 2005. "Influence and the Referee Process," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 199-206, April.
- Stigler, George J & Friedland, Claire, 1975. "The Citation Practices of Doctorates in Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(3), pages 477-507, June.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992.
"A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010. "A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1193, David K. Levine.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817.
- Jeong-Yoo Kim & Jinho Park, 2006. "On Prejudice," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 53(4), pages 505-522, September.
- Wright, Malcolm & Armstrong, J. Scott, 2007. "Verification of Citations: Fawlty Towers of Knowledge?," MPRA Paper 4149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2016. "The Impact of Citation Timing: A Framework and Examples," Working Papers in Economics 16/04, University of Waikato.
- Arye Hillman & Ngo Van Long, 2017. "The social cost of contestable benefits," CIRANO Working Papers 2017s-11, CIRANO.
- Arye L. Hillman & Ngo Van Long, 2017. "Rent Seeking: The Social Cost of Contestable Benefits," CESifo Working Paper Series 6462, CESifo Group Munich.
- Arye L. Hillman & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 2016. "Academic exclusion: some experiences," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 167(1), pages 1-20, April.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2013.
"The Relevance of the “h-” and “g-” Index to Economics in the Context of A Nation-Wide Research Evaluation Scheme: The New Zealand Case,"
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(1), pages 81-94, March.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2012. "The Relevance of the ‘h’ and ‘g’ Index to Economics in the Context of a Nation-wide Research Evaluation Scheme: The New Zealand Case," Working Papers in Economics 12/04, University of Waikato.
- Shi Young Lee & Sanghack Lee & Sung Hee Jun, 2010. "Author and article characteristics, journal quality and citation in economic research," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(17), pages 1697-1701.
- Ferda, HALICIOGLU, 2014. "Research Ranking Place of Turkish Economists in the World," MPRA Paper 54058, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tol, Richard S.J., 2013. "The Matthew effect for cohorts of economists," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 522-527.
More about this item
Keywordscitation bias; correlation effect; reputation effect; signal; strategy; RePEc;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2007-09-02 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-ICT-2007-09-02 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-IPR-2007-09-02 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-SOG-2007-09-02 (Sociology of Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uct:uconnp:2007-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark McConnel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuctus.html .