The Economics of Citation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Zimmermann, 2013. "Academic Rankings with RePEc," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(3), pages 1-32, December.
- Jerry R. Green & Suzanne Scotchmer, 1995.
"On the Division of Profit in Sequential Innovation,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 26(1), pages 20-33, Spring.
- Green, J.R. & Scotchmer, S., 1993. "On the Division of Profit in Sequential Innovation," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1638, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Peter Senn, 2005. "Influence and the Referee Process," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 199-206, April.
- Stigler, George J & Friedland, Claire, 1975. "The Citation Practices of Doctorates in Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(3), pages 477-507, June.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992.
"A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010. "A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1193, David K. Levine.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817.
- Jeong-Yoo Kim & Jinho Park, 2006. "On Prejudice," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 53(4), pages 505-522, September.
- Wright, Malcolm & Armstrong, J. Scott, 2007. "Verification of Citations: Fawlty Towers of Knowledge?," MPRA Paper 4149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2016. "The Impact of Citation Timing: A Framework and Examples," Working Papers in Economics 16/04, University of Waikato.
- Arye Hillman & Ngo Van Long, 2017. "The social cost of contestable benefits," CIRANO Working Papers 2017s-11, CIRANO.
- Arye L. Hillman & Ngo Van Long, 2017. "Rent Seeking: The Social Cost of Contestable Benefits," CESifo Working Paper Series 6462, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:taf:applec:v:49:y:2017:i:45:p:4542-4553 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arye L. Hillman & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 2016. "Academic exclusion: some experiences," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 167(1), pages 1-20, April.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2013.
"The Relevance of the “h-” and “g-” Index to Economics in the Context of A Nation-Wide Research Evaluation Scheme: The New Zealand Case,"
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(1), pages 81-94, March.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2012. "The Relevance of the ‘h’ and ‘g’ Index to Economics in the Context of a Nation-wide Research Evaluation Scheme: The New Zealand Case," Working Papers in Economics 12/04, University of Waikato.
- Shi Young Lee & Sanghack Lee & Sung Hee Jun, 2010. "Author and article characteristics, journal quality and citation in economic research," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(17), pages 1697-1701.
- Ferda, HALICIOGLU, 2014. "Research Ranking Place of Turkish Economists in the World," MPRA Paper 54058, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tol, Richard S.J., 2013. "The Matthew effect for cohorts of economists," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 522-527.
More about this item
Keywordscitation bias; correlation effect; reputation effect; signal; strategy; RePEc;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2007-09-02 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-ICT-2007-09-02 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-IPR-2007-09-02 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-SOG-2007-09-02 (Sociology of Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uct:uconnp:2007-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark McConnel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuctus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.