Procurement and Predation: Dynamic Sourcing from Financially Constrained Suppliers
This paper studies the interaction between financially constrained and financially strong firms on a procurement market. It characterizes and discusses a procurement agencyâ€™s optimal response when faced with financially asymmetric firms. By considering a dynamic setting, both present and future consequences and incentives are taken into account.
|Date of creation:||30 Oct 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: http://www.sfbtr15.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McGuire, Thomas G. & Riordan, Michael H., 1995.
"Incomplete information and optimal market structure public purchases from private providers,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 125-141, January.
- Thomas G. McGuire & Michael H. Riordan, 1991. "Incomplete Information and Optimal Market Structure: Public Purchases from Private Providers," Papers 0010, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- repec:oup:restud:v:67:y:2000:i:3:p:413-38 is not listed on IDEAS
- Snyder, Christopher M, 1996. "Negotiation and Renegotiation of Optimal Financial Contracts under the Threat of Predation," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 325-43, September.
- Yossef Spiegel & Daniel F. Spulber, 1997.
"Capital Structure with Countervailing Incentives,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(1), pages 1-24, Spring.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1992.
"Regulation by Duopoly,"
IDEI Working Papers
20, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Vagstad, Steinar, 1995. "Promoting fair competition in public procurement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 283-307, October.
- Leonardo Rezende, 2009. "Biased procurement auctions," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 169-185, January.
- McAfee, R. Preston & McMillan, John, 1989. "Government procurement and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 291-308, May.
- Antoine Faure-Grimaud, 1997. "The Regulation of Predatory Firms," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 849-876, December.
- Myerson, Roger B., 1982. "Optimal coordination mechanisms in generalized principal-agent problems," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 67-81, June.
- Antoine Faure-Grimaud, 1997. "The Regulation of Predatory Firms," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 425-451, 06.
- Baron, David P. & Besanko, David, 1984. "Regulation and information in a continuing relationship," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 267-302.
- Bolton, Patrick & Scharfstein, David S, 1990. "A Theory of Predation Based on Agency Problems in Financial Contracting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 93-106, March.
- Lewis, Tracy R. & Sappington, David E. M., 1989. "Countervailing incentives in agency problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 294-313, December.
- Branco, Fernando, 1994. "Favoring domestic firms in procurement contracts," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1-2), pages 65-80, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trf:wpaper:441. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tamilla Benkelberg)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.