Very Simple Markov-Perfect Industry Dynamics (revision of 2017-021) : Empirics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Haltiwanger & Ron Jarmin & C. J. Krizan, 2010.
"Mom-and-Pop Meet Big Box: Complements or Substitutes?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Cities and Entrepreneurship
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Haltiwanger, John & Jarmin, Ron & Krizan, C.J., 2010. "Mom-and-Pop meet Big-Box: Complements or substitutes?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 116-134, January.
- John Haltiwanger & Ron Jarmin & C.J. Krizan, 2009. "Mom-and-Pop Meet Big-Box: Complements or Substitutes?," Working Papers 09-34, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- John C. Haltiwanger & Ron S. Jarmin & C. J. Krizan, 2009. "Mom-and-Pop Meet Big-Box: Complements or Substitutes?," NBER Working Papers 15348, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ricard Gil & Francine Lafontaine, 2012. "Using Revenue Sharing to Implement Flexible Prices: Evidence from Movie Exhibition Contracts," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 187-219, June.
- Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean, 1988.
"A Theory of Dynamic Oligopoly, I: Overview and Quantity Competition with Large Fixed Costs,"
Econometric Society, vol. 56(3), pages 549-569, May.
- J. Tirole & E. Maskin, 1982. "A Theory of Dynamic Oligopoly, I: Overview and Quantity Competition with Large-Fixed Costs," Working papers 320, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Eric Maskin & Jean Tirole, 2010. "A Theory of Dynamic Oligopoly, 1: Overview and Quantity Competition with Large Fixed Costs," Levine's Working Paper Archive 397, David K. Levine.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1991. "Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061414, January.
- Preston R. Fee & Hugo M. Mialon & Michael A. Williams, 2004. "What Is a Barrier to Entry?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 461-465, May.
- Davis, Peter, 2002. "Estimating multi-way error components models with unbalanced data structures," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 67-95, January.
- Fedor Iskhakov & Jinhyuk Lee & John Rust & Bertel Schjerning & Kyoungwon Seo, 2016. "Comment on “Constrained Optimization Approaches to Estimation of Structural Models”," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 84, pages 365-370, January.
- Alon Eizenberg, 2014. "Upstream Innovation and Product Variety in the U.S. Home PC Market," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 81(3), pages 1003-1045.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abbring, Jaap & Campbell, J.R. & Tilly, J. & Yang, N., 2017. "Very Simple Markov-Perfect Industry Dynamics : Theory," Discussion Paper 2017-020, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
More about this item
Keywordsdemand uncertainty; dynamic oligopoly; firm entry and exit; nested fixed point estimator; sunk costs; toughness of competition; cunterfactual plicy analysis;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-05-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2017-05-07 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2017-05-07 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ORE-2017-05-07 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tiu:tiucen:3a12f099-900b-44ac-b692-a14d7788dd0e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman). General contact details of provider: http://center.uvt.nl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.